Chapter 23-My precious.....

We endeed up driving home in seperate cars, Nathan refusing to speak to me. I was a little annoyed. He really shouldn't be so upset by me talking to an animal. How many people talk with annoying voices to their pets? A ton I bet! I was a little disappointed in myself for getting caught. But it jsut wasn't everyday that animals talk to me! I tried to make conversation with the other animals on my way out of the zoo but they remained silent.

I pondered over what the snake had said. It must have recognized me as a descendant from Emily, though how it knew this I had no idea. Was it possible Snakes were more magical than other animals? I'd have to ask Howard. It was probably nothing, what would a snake know? What would it know about potential magic? Possibly nothing...but possibly something.

I shrugged it off and got out of the car, watching Nathan walk calmy, but quickly up to the mansion. He didn't look back to see if I was there. I never liked him anyways. With a sigh I started after him, it was almost five and I was starving. 

As I walked up to the castle I saw Walker waving at me, I waved back and he jogged over to me. His eyes twinkled in delight as he approached me. He looked excited about something.

"Hey Walker."

"Cammie! I was hoping to catch you." He said eagerly.

"Were you?" I said, giving hima flirty smile.

"Yeah, I made you something." He reached into his pocket and pulled out a simple gold locket, dangling from a chain. I held out my hand he let it drop into it. Holding it closer to my face I could see engravings of flowers around the edges.

"Wow that's pretty Walker, how did you make it?" I said in wonder. 

"I didn't actually make the necklace, I made what's inside it." I could tell he was very excited for me to open it and I felt flattered, even if he was just being pushed on by his dad, presents were always nice and he obviously put effort into this one.

"Is there a picture of you or something?" He blushed, folding his arms selfconcisously across his chest. 

"Just open it." Chuckling I did what he said.

In a way I was right. There was a picture of him. But in another way I was totally wrong. It was if a small movie was playing inside of the necklace, except the colors were too bright and and there was no sound. It was of us, from the first time I saw him at dinner to our walks together and our night at the pond. They flickered across the necklace, switching to me laughing and then Walker making a horse of fire dance around my head. I was entranced by the images, and by the laughter in my eyes as he joked around. Reluctantly I row my eyes away from it.

"It's amazing Walker, thanks!" I pulled him into a hug and while he stood awkwardly for a second, he eventually put his amrs around me, holding me closer. I rested my head in his shoulder, smelling the fresh scent of pine. 

"I'm glad you like it. I was so worried you were going to think it was dumb!" He said is face full of relief and joy. His hands still rest on my waist as I was acutely aware.

"Of course I like it, here help me put it on." I gave him the necklace, turning around expectantly. I could feel his finger brushing against my neck, giving me goosebumps. His warm hands swept my hair to the side and lowered the necklace around me head, doing the clasp. His hands lingered on my neck, brushing my shoulder. I stood still, feeling an elctricity build inside of me, prompting my hear to beat faster. I quickly turned around. Walker looked sheepish as I stared at him, caught in the act. We stood there in silence for a while, just staring at eachother.

"Oh, I wanted to ask you something." I finally said, my voice sounded breathless to my embrassment. 

"What was it?" He said looking half relived, half disappointed. His eyes had lost their sparkle but his ever present smile remained in place.

"Have you ever talked to an animal?" His eyebrows rose in surprise, and he shook is head.

"No. But that doesn't mean it isn't possible. I'll ask my dad."

"Cool, thanks." I kind of smiled in goodbye but his hand stopped me, touching my elbow.

"And speaking of my dad," He hesitated. "I want you to know he isn't influencing me." 

"Okay." I said and he dropped his hand, taking a step back. His blush back in place, he gave me a big smile, dimples showing in his cheek.

I nodded and walked up to the castle, heading straight from the kitchen. I greeted the chef whogrunted a response. He was used to me wondering in here. I grabbed an apple from the fruit basket and wandered to the library, I unfortunately had to do some studying on Adamar politics. As I walked down the halls I felt a little light headed. I shrugged it off as hunger and didn't pause. Out of nowhere I felt a wave of dizziness take me and stumbled, the world fading to black.