Cat Haus 3 Excerpt

Excerpt Only - complete work available at most major eBook retailers

"Hungry?"

"Uh, yeah. Sure." I was used to men screwing me. That was just part of the daily grind on this job. What would take some getting used to was John trying to feed me afterward. It was strange, but nice.

He sat upright in the bed, swung his legs over the side of the mattress and stood. After walking gloriously naked across the apartment to the kitchenette built against one wall, he glanced back at me. "I didn't get a chance to eat after my flight."

The thought that he'd come directly here from the airport gave me all sorts of thoughts. Things like maybe he couldn't wait to see me. Crazy. Of course it had to be that he'd wanted to see his new apartment and check in on the business.

What was it we were talking about again? Oh, yeah. Food.

"Will there be any food here?" The apartment had literally been completed that morning, the final touches put in just in time for John's arrival.

He glanced at me over the top of the open fridge door. "I won't tell Henry you asked that. He'd be extremely insulted."

Of course John's manager, Henry, would have outfitted this place with everything his boss could possibly need. I blamed my mistake in assuming otherwise on my inability to think whenever John's naked butt was in view. "You're right. I apologize to Henry in absentia."

He paused in his perusal of the contents of the refrigerator to stare back at me. "You went to college."

Maybe we weren't done with the line of questioning quite yet. Though he seemed to say it as more of a statement than a question, I answered anyway. "Yes. Did you read that on the resume in my employee file?"

John's brow creased above his eyes as he glanced at me again. "You submitted a resume?"

I laughed. He had asked a serious question. John was still getting his bearings in this strange new turn of events in his business holdings. "Not the kind you're thinking of."

My resume for this job had been a few emailed pictures of me partially unclothed and in various provocative poses. Those had been enough to land me an interview with Gus that ended with me blowing him to prove my proficiency and willingness to work in this profession. I must have done it to his satisfaction since I got the job.

The interview was a piece of cake compared to Gus's initiation and job training after I'd been hired. All new girls had to go through the same thing. A summons to Gus's bedroom where we'd suck him, screw him, and then turn around and bend over so he could stick his thing in our butts. The excuse was he needed to know all the girls could handle it if a customer asked for it. In reality, I think he was just a pervert who liked making girls do things they'd never do with him if he hadn't been their boss.

Good thing he was hung like a Chihuahua, so it wasn't as bad as it could have been. It had still been hard to handle. Me being so new to this life, I'd gone back to my room and cried my eyes out for a good half hour. Right up until the first customer of the day walked through the front door and I had to put on a happy face and greet him with the rest of the girls. Maybe Gus had been right and there was a method to his madness. After the horror of that initiation, nothing a customer did could faze me.

I spared a brief moment to wonder where Gus was now, and to hope he'd done something bad enough to land him in prison where he could get the same treatment being some guy's bitch that he'd subjected us girls to.

It was impossible to think about Gus or anything else for very long with John in the room, and that brought me back to him and his questions. "I know you're looking for answers—"