Chapter 8

Alyss~ Yay another chapter is out! Sorry it took awhile for me to upload but i got really busy suddenly but its out now! leave a comment and vote also tell me if you can think of some one who should play Luke.

Alyss’s P.O.V

I sat down in front of him and grab the mug of hot coco that he had made for me then took a sip of its hot chocolaty goodness. I sighed and looked at him, after seeing the razor he clearly used to cut himself with he seemed different to me. I didn’t know what or even why but he suddenly seemed younger than when I first saw him, even more tired and fearful. Like a scared little boy whose lost his mom in what now seemed like the worlds largest grocery store when it really isn’t that big at all.

There were so many ways to go at asking him if he was a cutter or if he had accidentally cut himself while shaving but I think I knew the best way. No I wasn’t going to hold my knife at his neck and interrogate him like that or even use the home made pepper spray on him. I looked at him again and then down at his arms before grabbing one and turning it over. He gave me a curious look and I was surprised to find no cut marks at all on his wrists or upper arms.

“Okay do you cut yourself?” I asked looking at his other arm not knowing if he was right or left handed/

“Why are you asking its kind of obvious that I don’t”

“Cut the crap the razor in that bathroom had blood on it and people don’t just cut their arms, someone I know always cuts his legs and stomach. Reason why he always wears jeans and never swims.” I looked up at him to see he was nervous all over again and I smiled at myself before turning back to my hot coco of deliciousness. “By the way you make really good hot coco.”

“Thanks.” He mumbled and put his down on the counter.

“So then I’m right about the cutting.”  I stated the fact and he nodded his head. “I’ve tried to kill myself before.” He looked over at me shocked before finding his voice.

“Why? Was it recent?”

“No it was five years ago after my dad was murdered and don’t know why I just didn’t…” I paused and thought about it for a minute, “Feel like living anymore, Jenna talked me out of it though.” He didn’t say anything just sat there and I took another sip of my hot chocolate before looking at him.

“I really am sorry,” he looked miserable and I sighed again before standing up and walking over to him.

“It isn’t your fault but you said someone was stalking you?”

“Yeah the person started to tailgate me too and even bumped my truck the stupid asshole.”

“Well first things first you have to find out what to do with your truck since the cops are ‘looking’ for it.” I huffed after stressing ‘looking’.

“Yeah I’ll pull it into the garage and start taking it apart, and I guess maybe paint it a different color and sell its parts on EBay.”  

“That could work but I was thinking of letting the fish make it there new home in the lake that me and Jenna found last summer.” I smiled at him.

“That could work but all the fluids have to be gone so I’ll get to work on that.”

“Okay now that’s settled what was the car that was following you look like?”

“Small and white I think it was a Mercedes.”

“Oh great that’s Mrs. Russo’s car she was probably late to bingo or knitting lessons.” I said rolling my eyes.

“Then why were they following me wherever I went?”

“You might have scratched her car on accident, that has happened before, she wouldn’t leave the guy alone for months how did you lose her?”

“A dirt road.”

“Wait a minute if she was on your ass then she might have hit Jenna not you.” I said and looked up at him.

“Then I did hit a mailbox.” He said bluntly and looked a little hopeful.

“Idea I know where the psycho lives lets sneak up there and look at her car.” I smiled at him and his face was white. “Oh come on people up her e know not to mess with me especially her she flipped on Jenna and got a face full of fist from yours truly.” I smiled, drank the rest of the hot coco, jumped off the seat, and dragged him with me out the front door and into the late daylight.

Luke’s P.O.V

It was clear the girl was strange and weird but pretty and sweet none the less. She was strange and the fact that for almost a year I’d been cutting myself and no one had noticed until she came along and found one of my razors. I sighed but followed her up my grandma’s old driveway hoping she was right about everything she had said and told me. I did find it strange how right after she found me out about my cutting she complemented me on my hot chocolate making. It was only a little strange but it was true I was falling for the girl she had a strange charisma about her that was drawing me in and right now I would believe what anyone told me.     

We started to walk up another hill the lead into some really deep forest but stayed in the middle of the road for some unknown reason. When the two story house came into view my heart was hammering inside of my chest for more than one reason. One was because I’d just walked up to flipping hills and I was out of shape and breath now. Two was obviously because I was about to see if this old woman was the one how had been following me like a hound dog. Three was because she might have killed an innocent girl and not me when she was chasing me. Finally four, was because Alyss had the look of a murderer and I was suddenly realizing how much I didn’t know about her.

“Hey Alyss what are we going to do when we get there?” I asked and then saw the full driveway with a little blue WRX Subaru and none other than the White Mercedes sitting there in the driveway.

“Oh on worries just follow my lead okay.” She said happily and started to smile happily.

“All right but that’s the car that was following me.” I said and pointed at the little white car and her smile changed from being happy to being devious and murderous.

“Then lets get this over with.” She said smiling and walked right up to the door was about to knock when the fifty year old brunette woman opened the door and came out side.

“We know what you did now confess and go make things right.” Alyss said puffing out her chest and standing straight so she was just a few inches taller than the woman who suddenly went pale. I was for sure I was in the wrong place at the wrong time again but god she was so beautiful with her blonde hair cascading around her shoulders and looking complete different then when I first saw her.