The Bet *U-turn

The song is Someone Like You by The Summer Set. Photo of Sophia on the side by CreativeSideOfLife. Facebook page on the External link :)

I hope you'll like this chapter! Thank you! <3

Happy Reading! (:

Chapter 41 *U-turn*

~Sophia

“She hurt you?”

“Yes,” I murmur.

I’m about to finish my story to Driana but she interrupts me- for the first time –when I tell her about the part where Cassidy grabbed my arm.

“Why didn’t you fight back?” demands Driana, staring intently at my bruised arm.

I look at her oddly and then glance around me because we're surrounded with students in the crowded cafeteria. They might hear her and then she'll get in trouble because of me.

She sighs. “I forgot- you’re not going to hurt someone even they hurt you.”

I think of Draky, Andre, and my plan. “It’s not that—“

“Sophia,” she interjects, rolling her eyes. “I should have been there. I so want to slap her face. I want to kick her butt too!”

“Of course you do,” I reply, grinning. In my mind, I can see Driana slapping Cassidy’s face repeatedly. It’s not even hard to imagine.

“She’s not even pretty,” she continues. “She’s just a spoiled brat who hides behind her squad.”

“I know,” I mutter, taking a bite of my sandwich.

“Aren’t you allergic to mayonnaise?” she asks, furrowing her eyebrows.

“What?” I ask, surprised at the sudden change of our conversation.

“You’re allergic, right?”

“Yes.” I look down at my sandwich and my eyes widen when they see the mayo sticking on the bread.

Shoot! How can I be oblivious to not notice, or even taste the mayonnaise?

“Are you okay?” Driana asks worriedly.

“I’m fine,” I tell her.

“You look like you’re going to be sick.”

Just thinking about the after effect of eating mayo makes me sick. The last time I accidentally ate mayonnaise was when I was thirteen. I didn’t stop vomiting until all the food I ate that day went out of my system. A shudder runs through my body as I realize that that scene will happen again.

Oh no.

It’s my fault for being careless.

Disgust, I put the sandwich away from me and gulp as much water my body can hold. I glance up and see Driana with a concerned look on her face.

“Really, I’m okay,” I lie. No need for her to be worried.

“You can go to the clinic—"

“I’d rather go to class and learn,” I interrupt. Like hospitals, I don’t like clinics. Just thinking about being there makes me sick.

Driana sighs. “You’re so stubborn.”

That just put a smile on my face.

-----