He nodded and moved away toward the computers. A look of rejection flashed through his eyes for a moment before disappearing as he quickly covered it with a grin.  I grabbed his discarded mask from the ground, holding it out to him.

                With a smirk, he threw it back on the couch, shrugging on a coat. “Don’t worry about it. I’ll keep myself hidden.”

                I raised an eyebrow skeptically, but shook my head, following him as he headed out of the secret lair.

                ~*~

                “Avery, where the hell were you?!” Grandma said when I walked into the house that morning. I hadn’t gotten home early enough to beat her, and I knew I was in for it now.

                “What are you talking about?” I asked, feigning stupidity.

                “I woke up to find my granddaughter missing! Do you know how worried I was?” She looked a mess. Her curlers were still tightly bound into her hair, and she gripped the couch tightly, her body shaking.

                “Grandma, calm down.” A lie spread into my mine. It was far-fetched, but I knew I would have to take a shot. “Don’t you remember?”

                “Remember you leave? No!”

                “I told you I was staying over at Karen’s.” The lie fell smoothly from my lips as believable as I wanted it to be.

                “You sure as hell did not!”

                “I did.” I argued, trying not to stutter over my words, “I said we were working on our, um, science project. Grandma, I told you. Do you really not remember?”

                A pang of guilt stabbed my chest at the lies that fell from my mouth. Her expression changed slowly as she thought about my words.

                “Did you really?”

                I nodded calmly.

                “Oh, Avery, I’m so sorry. I must really be getting old.” She shook her head, closing her eyes softly. “Already forgetting simple stuff.”

                I laughed weakly, “Can I go to my room now?”

                “Sure, sure.”

                I moved around her and quickly headed up the stairs before she could ask why I had no bag with me.

                My eyes were still sleepy as I trudged up the final few stairs and made my way into my bedroom.           

                It was exactly as I had left it before.

                My sheets were still messy from sleeping in it, the window cracked open just a bit. I could see the clothes I had worn yesterday in a pile on the floor where I had discarded them.

                Something caught my attention as I wandered in, closing the door behind me.

                Unusual black fabric was folded neatly on my dresser. I approached it skeptically, picking it up and examining it.

                The mask.

                My fingers ran over the smooth surface as my eyes widened in surprise. How had it gotten into my room?

                Underneath the mask laid a white piece of notebook paper, folded just as neatly as the mask had been.

                I picked it up, opening it.

                Swallowing nervously, I read the familiar red ink.

                Roses are red

                Violets are blue

                I expect you at 49 Silver

                With your secret boyfriend too.

******

So short. Sooooo short. I just needed to get this up. MAKE ME UPDATE GUYS. THREE HUNDRED BY TOMORROW & I'll UPDATE! MAKE MEEEE!!!!!!!!! I LOVE YOU ALL<3

--It's so freaky writing Tyler instead of the 'masked man' now---