Through Innocent Eyes {Liam Payne}

"Octobers here again and you all know what that means!" Amy screams. Her voice sounds like nails on a chalk board to my sensitive ears. And yes we do know what it means. "Hockey season!" One of the jocks yells to my right. I was just trying to get my things out of my locker when I got stuck in the middle of this mess. Hockey and I have a bad history. It's the reason I came to this school. I try my best to blend in with the crowd and not be noticed. It's a sport all it's own really, and I'm the MVP. I havnt always hated hockey but that's a story for another time. Everything about it really bugs me. The way the girls drool over the toothless players, the violence, the noises, the smells. I hate it all now. And living in Alberta, Canada doesn't help my attempts to forget it all together. I push my way through the crowd, I can feel my self running into large guys and brushing against girls long hair.

"Wait up skyla" I hear my best and only friend call my name. Her foot steps are heavy behind me and I can hear her panting. She must be running. "Hey Anya" I wait for her to catch up. "I was just on my way to the bathroom" I continued walking forward shuffling my feet out in front of me. "I don't know how you do it" Anya opened the bathroom door. "You get used to it" I chuckled and walked into the stall.

---------------

Later that night I went home and started on my homework. I ran my fingers along the pages of my special book, carefully studying the bumps. Some times it's hard for me to focus if there's other noises or smells. If you haven't guessed yet I'm blind.

"Mom! Something's burning" I hollered at her. She was probably in the bathtub and forgot she put something on the stove. "Are you in there again" I knocked on the door. "Yes. Turn it off for me please." She said from inside.

"Mom you know I can't. I'm blind remember!" I screamed. I wanted to cry but I knew that wouldn't help me. "You can't do anything Skyla" she came storming out of the bathroom almost knocking me over. I could hear her huffing as she trampled down the steps. You could say my mom and I's relationship was damaged the night of the accident. She's never been the same and she never will be. Sometimes I feel like I'm living alone, completely taking care of myself. But one thing I never do is whine. I hate being referred to as the special needs student at school, I think half on the student body doesn't even know I'm blind. Education was very important to my dad, as was hockey.

It was night my dads high school team had won the championship. He had taken me along to help with water and things because I always insisted I go. My mom stayed home. By the time we'd packed all of the gear and everyone got done calling there girlfriends it was 11 o'clock at night. There had been an ice storm earlier that night, but my dad had confidence in his driving skills. So we loaded onto the bus and headed home. You can guess what happened next. It was so fast I really don't remember anything. Only the severe pain in my eyes from the broke windshield glass in them. I and 3 players were the only ones who survived the crash. I blame hockey for my dads death, and Trent Fernando. He demand we get home so he could "see his girl". I could easily say I hate hockey players because of him. Since that night 7 years ago I haven't been to a hockey game, and I plan on never going to another one.

-----------------------

The next day at school I was having a bad time. These happened whenever things went ruff at home. The thing is my mom hits me too, and the bruises are unhid-able. It works on the self confidence. I would probably be a cutter if I could even see the blade. Everything's been hard for me.

Anya and I were waiting outside my locker for our next class to start. I grabbed a few things out of my locker and took a step foward. Bam! I ran right into some one. I could tell it was a big guy, probably a hockey player. Oh great! I didn't bend down to pick up my books, why should I? I can't see them anyway.