{Eight}Immortal Academy l Midnight Kiss; Book One.

Book: One.

Chapter: Eight; Royal Twins. Gifts.

When lunch came, I didn't even go down to the dining hall. I felt awfully weird. Cesarina said she had something on, so she'll come and find me after lessons. I sat on the rooftop, gazing the scenery surrounding the school. A quiet shuffle startled me. I stood up, and looked around. No one was there. And then, another shuffle came. I spun around, throwing my dart.

A muffled cry came from the shadows. My guitar changed into a trident, extended, I walked towards the shadows. A teenager sat there, his back leaning against the wall. His left hand touching his shoulder. Then, I realized, the dart hit his shoulder.

"Who are you?" I hissed.

The teenager looked up. And I gasped out loud, my trident fell from my hands, turning back into my guitar.

He had messy light brown chocolate hair, the color identical to mine. His chocolate brown eyes were light, and very adorable. He looked like me, he also had high cheekbones. I bit my lip, as I took a step back.

"Who... are you?" My voice barely a whisper.

"Rosario." he said, in a light Italian accent, just like mine.

My eyes widened, and my knees couldn't hold me up any longer. I fell to the ground, my body resting on my knees.

"Rosa...rio?" I repeated his name.

He nodded.

"Rosanna, I've found you." He said.

Rosanna... It was the same as the person who talked to me in my dreams.

"No... My name's Rosaline." I said.

"Rosanna, don't you remember me...? I'm your twin brother." He said, his eyes showed on hurt.

"Rosanna... Rosario..." I said.

I gasped out loud, memories coming back to me. Some sweet, some wonderful. And some painful.

I remembered.

I was older than Rosario. Our father was an Italian Swornblood. Our mother was a half Japanese, half English Destined blood. But we had more of father's blood in us, making us slightly royal because of an accident. But we could only be princess, and prince. I adored Rosario as my brother. We loved to spend time together. One day..., something dangerous happened. Cryptos attacked our home in Italy, I was separated from father and Rosario. Mother had promised me we'll see them soon enough. But after that incident, I had nightmares almost every night. Scared, mother placed my vampire instincts to sleep. Turning me into human. No wonder...

Exhausted, I blanked out.

I could hear murmurs, and movement. I was in someone's arms. Warm and familiar. Rosario.

"Rosario, why didn't you take good care of her?" a low, deep, seductive and soothing voice questioned my brother. It wasn't familiar. I tried to open my eyes, but I realized I was too tired.

"My lord, she was exhausted from her memories. And her eyes turned scarlet red, with orange irises." Rosario argued back in a soft tone.

"Scarlet red? Orange irises?" The voice was startled.

A silence between them.

"Rosario..." a whisper escaped from my lips.

"Rosanna, you should rest." Rosario's soothing voice said. I couldn't think or feel anything anymore. But I felt a gentle kiss planted on my forehead. I was worn out, mentally and physically. I fell into sleep quickly.

I opened my eyes, and mentally groaned as I took in the boring ceiling of the infirmary.

"Rosanna," Rosario said.

I turned my head to look at him. He looked as though he was torn between emotions. Tears were flowing from his face.

"My twin..." I whispered, lifting my hand to wipe off the tears.

"I finally found you." He said again.

He stood up from his chair, and hugged me in an embrace I missed so long. Tears were flowing down my cheeks too.

"Rosario, you're so silly to cry."

"You're crying too." he whispered. I laughed, as we broke the embrace.

"It's because I'm happy to see you again. How's your arm?"

"It's fine."

His arm was bandaged. I touched it, and he winced.

"I'm sorry, you don't know how sorry I am to hurt you." I whispered.

"I do, Rosanna, believe me. I do."

I smiled gently.

"How long have I been asleep? Because I'm feeling wide awake."

"Two days if I'm not wrong."

"What? That long?" I groaned. I'd miss a lot of classes. Speaking of classes...

"How did you get into the school?"

"The Sworn Blood I was suppose to be guardian of knew I had a twin sister who was missing. He said he had a hunch you were here, so he attended this academy. Oh, and I'm in the academy as well."

I was filled with joy. My brother was joining this academy.

"Georgina!" I suddenly remembered. I hopped out of bed. I stood up too fast, my vision blurred again. I shut my eyes tight, and then slowly opened them.

"She's fine. But she's worried about you though. You scared her to death."

"What happened?"

"Well, she was very shocked you passed out. She was panicking already when she couldn't find you at home. Then she made a huge fuss out of everything. Then she saw me. Of course, she saw the resemblance. So she asked me, and I explained everything to her. She's in her room now. Wait, let me check the time..." He said, his voice trailing off.

"Ah, sis, it's seven in the evening. Lessons are about to start... You want to go?"

I nodded. I bit my lip.

"My uniform." was all I said.

"You're worried about it huh? Here," He passed me a fresh set of uniform. "Change into it. I'll wait for you outside." He walked out of the door, and I thanked God for letting me find back my adorable brother.

The set of clothes. Vintage black sweater, white blouse, checkered red skirt. I changed, and combed my hair neatly. The black silver diamond necklace still hung around my neck. It glowed slightly, and then stopped.

I blinked, as I walked out to meet Rosario.

He pursed his lips, and then he nodded.

We walked to campus, chatting on how life was. Father was still busy as king. When I stepped into class, Georgina practically threw herself at me. I took a step back to steady myself.

"Georgina?" I said.

"Rosanna! I was so worried about you!" She hugged me tighter. I could hardly breath. I was gasping for air.

Georgina released her too hard grip on me.

"Here! This is from me." She said, handing me a black diamond ring shaped in a spade, and another ring shaped in clover hung on a chain.

"What's it for?" I asked.

"Strengthen your magic." she replied, as she slid the ring up my middle finger, and hanging the clover ring on my wrist.

"And this..., is from me, and someone else... I forgot his name." Georgina said, frowning.

The box shook in Georgina's hands.

She removed the lid, as a beautiful snow white owl flew out of its box. I could feel my eyes widen.