s*t*a*r*s 3 - pt 46

Start from the beginning

            Jo asks gently, “Is Jay okay?”

            “Oh, yeah!  Um, listen, we lost Rylee and I know that you can, reach out and telepathically, um, find people?” 

            “I can.  Not sure I can find Rylee from where I’m at.  What happened?” asks Jo, getting up off the bench.

            “She thinks I’m – I don’t want to talk about that right now, can you find her?” says Spencer shyly.  Bev walks over, offering Spencer a soda, and the girl takes it with a grin. 

            “I can, give me a second.”  Jo hurries into the bathroom, slipping into an empty stall.  “Think of her.”

            “What?” says Spencer awkwardly. 

            Jo refrains from laughing.  “Spencer, think of her, what she was wearing the last time you saw her.  I can telepathically connect with you and then find her power.”

            “Oh, right!”  She closes her eyes then Spencer says, “What if I zap the phone?”

            “You won’t.  You’re got a good handle on it just don’t be upset, think of something good.”

            Muttering something under her breath in a language that Jo doesn’t recognize instantly.  She sees the flutter of an image and then lets her mind roam out, finding Rylee. 

            “Club, in LA – not Abandon – Oh, she’s at the Lost and Found.”

            “That place?” croaks Spencer.  The Lost and Found was her mother’s pet project.  It was an underground BDSM club.  It was leather, and wood, and women, sexy women.  Spencer gulps hard.

            “You’d better find her.  Ask Bev for my set of spare keys, the black one is the motor cycle in the back of the house.  Go get her,” says Jo.  “Spence, I have to go, guy I’m tailing is on the move, love you and take care of you.  Oh and wear your helmet!”

            “Okay mom,” says Spencer, realizing that she called Jo, Mom, instead of Jo for the first time in a long time.  Jo snaps the phone closed and Spencer looks up at Bev, “Can I use the phone again?  And Jo said you have her spare keys and that I can take her bike.”

            “Of course,” nodded Bev.  She gets the keys for Spencer and sits in the kitchen.

            Spencer forces a smile, the phone connecting with whoever she’d dialed, “Emma?”

            Across the country in Washington, D.C., Emma Scott says into her cell phone, “Jo?”