Step Two. Get A New Friend.

YES! A new chapter of Listen! YAY! :) hehe so I hope you guys like Nirvana so far.

She is... Something else! :) OH AND A LOVELY SURPRISE! :)

This is dedicated to 3DaysFromLove because she is just AWESOMEE :)

fallingsky ♡

♧♧♧

I walked out of the office swiftly with Emmett in tow. He didn't say a word so I didn't talk to him at all. I've never been good with boys. Ever. I always got awkward with guys and it just wasn't good. So the fact that he wasn't talking didn't bother me one bit. I walked down the hall and turned to the left into a string of doors and turned at the one numbered 113. This was our homeroom for the last year of our high school existences. I turned to Emmett and said, "Well here we are. Our homeroom. It was nice meeting you."

I said all of this rather quickly and it looked as if he was squinting and reading my mouth. Weird, only deaf people do that. Maybe he just couldn't stare at me in the eyes. I wasn't that bothered by the fact because nobody really acknowledges my existence.

I opened the door and everyone stared at us, well at Emmett anyways. I wasn't noticed at all. I just saw my music teacher, Mr. Hartley and walked to the back. I sat in one of two only available seats. Emmett was forced to the front of the room.

Mr. Hartley asked Emmett simple questions and all he did was nod in response. When Mr. Hartley asked if he wanted to say anything about himself, Emmett shook his head and just went to the empty seat next to me.  

Since we have advisory all of first period, I decided to listen to some music. Mr. Hartley made a comment about me but I wasn't listening. So when the blonde bitch known as Diana decided to open her mouth, I didn't exactly know. 

"Wow, her? Who is Nirvana? How dumb are her parents to name her after a horrible band?"

"Probably as dumb to give you the same name as an awful singer." An unknown voice said and I turned to see that it was a girl sitting next to me. She had pretty caramel coloured hair that was in a braid and her eyes were a blue colour with deep green. She wore a pair of ripped skinnys and a soccer team shirt. 

Everyone started laughing and then the class continues. Diana and her posse looked pissed. She was at a loss for words. Only ten minutes later one of her posse, called Britanni said, "What awful singer?"

I just shook my head. Britanni was the schools typical, dumb blonde. When class ended I checked my schedule and found out my locker was right next to the classroom so I put in my notebooks and various things. I had a free period next so I decided to go to the music room. 

See I can play the guitar and apparently sing. So I sat there and sang, 'Brighter Than The Sun' by Colbie Caillat. That always was Sophie's  favorite singer. The rest of the day passed in a flash and after school I decided to go to the cemetery. I walked until I got to her headstone. I sat down next to her and took out my notebook and a pen. I opened it to the next page and wrote:

Dear Sophie,

First last day of high school. What a joy! I'm sorry you won't be here to even get to your first last day of high school. It was, eventful? Ha. There just isn't a way to describe it. There is a new kid in school. Emmett. I don't know how to describe him. He is just ... a mystery. 

I played Colbie Caillat today. Her new song came out. It's called 'Brighter Than The Sun'. I hope you can hear it up there in heaven with your angel wings on. Use that halo of yours for something useful and sing. You were always the better singer. 

Somebody stood up for me today! Nobody has ever done that before. I wish I could find that girl again and thank her. She doesn't even know me and yet, she stood up for me. I have a piano concert coming up. I'm playing Moonlight Sonata. 

OH! The song of the week is 'Brighter Than Sunshine'. Aqualung sing it so I know you like it.  And apparently everything has to do with being brighter than a star? Wow.

I hope that you are actually reading these letters. You are the only one who ever really understood me Soph. I want you to come back. I need you to come back.

I miss you.

I wrote that last sentence and the tears came pouring down like there was no tomorrow. I took the letter in my hands and undug the box next to the grave. I opened it and put the letter ontop of an already large pile and walked away, the tears still flowing down my face.

♧♧♧

I know not that much longer. SO! The mysterious girl who stood up for her?? Who is she? Well you're going to have to wait and find out!

COMMENT.VOTE.LISTEN.

fallingsky