Chapter Thirty Five

Ohaider. So I got 5 votes on my last chapter! But only 1 on the one before- thankyou to the person who did that :D

Still, this story is in the watty awards so I realy need the votes. If I get into the watty awards I'll scream or something :)

Please take time out of your readign to press the vote button! On the iPod app, it's even easier!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I woke up and stretched. My vision was still dark so I blinked, trying to see my surroundings. Something was blocking my vision. "What the hell?" I muttered and tried to reach up to grab it but my hands were bound to something. Rope rubbed at my wrists, burning them as I struggled and I cried out. "Alex? What's going on? Alex!" I yelled.

"Scarlett! I'm sorry! I shouldn't have gone to sleep." he yelled back, sounding desperate.

"What do you mean?" I started before the blindfold was ripped off me. I screamed as I saw Colin in front of me with someone else who brought back so many memories. "You." I whispered.

"Why hello again, Scarlett. I'm sure you remember me."

"I believe you went by the nickname Bloodlust." I spat at him. He smirked.

"Oh I'm touched you still know my name." Alex was yelling in the background and Bloodlust span around. "Shut that kid up!" he yelled to the man and the man punched Alex in the stomach.

"Alex!" I screamed. His face was creased in pain as he tried to struggle out of the bonds he was in. He was tied up like me, and we were both completely helpless.

"Shut up brat!" he slapped me round the face but I kept his gaze. "Tougher now; I like it." he turned away from me and walked towards a thrashing Alex. "Enjoying yourself?" I heard him say.

"You let Scarlett go! She's done nothing! Just-" Alex earned another punch in the stomach and he clenched his teeth.

"Oh, she's caused us so much trouble. But it occurs to me that you're going to constantly get in our way. So I have a solution to breaking both of you spirits." he stood in the centre of the room. "I am going to beat Scarlett," Alex began to yell. "And you are going to watch." He turned to Colin. "Make sure he watches." he snapped, and then turned to me. "Let's get started then." he produced the knife of my nightmares and placed it under my top, ripping it in half. Alex yelled, and I saw Colin slap him. I screamed as Bloodlust placed the knife under my chin.

My breaths were coming out in short gasps. He pressed down and I felt warm liquid roll down my chest and drip to the floor. Alex was still shouting, ignoring the slaps and punches he was getting. I could see him getting angrier but weaker as Bloodlust continued to hurt me. My screams for Alex to stop fighting made no difference. I kept screaming at him and he kept yelling at me. Colin and Bloodlust were shouting at each other and the entire room was in uproar. Suddenly we all fell silent as a sound rang through the room. Bloodlust made an aggravated sound and pulled out his mobile.

"What?!" he snapped. "Mmmm. Mmm huh. Alright. I'll be there." he put his phone back in his pocket and turned to Alex's stepdad. "I have to go. I'll come back some time next week. Then we can finish off our business." He began to walk off until Colin nudged him and pointed at me. "Oh yes. Here you go." Quick as a flash, he cut the bonds holding my arms to the wall and I fell forward, banging my cheek on the stone floor. I groaned as Bloodlust and Colin stalked out laughing. Alex struggled in his bonds and I carefully began to untie the ones around my ankles. After much difficulty, I was finally free and I walked slowly over to Alex. I untied his legs first and then did the ones around his wrists.