Chapter Five.

After one last class and school was finally over, I walked over to my locker and packed all the stuff I'll need for tonight homework.

After the whole thing with Kaden at lunch, nothing but awkward silence was there and what makes it worse, Kaden was practically watching me most of the time like a freaking watch dog or something! What the hell is up with him? He's acting so weird.

I closed my locker and saw Kaden leaning against the locker next to mine.

I jumped and my hand flew to my chest, "Jesus, what is up with people scaring me when I close my locker?" I asked myself.

He chuckled, "Sorry about that." he said, leaning up from the locker. "Ready?"

My eyebrows forward together, "Ready for what?"

"To go home? Where else?" he asked.

A girl with brown hair and blonde highlights name Jenny that I have a few classes walked by and flirty smiled at Kaden and said as she walked passed, "Hey Kaden."

Kaden nodded once, "Hey."

Feeling jealous, I made my way towards the stair, but made sure my shoulder bumped into his. Kaden chuckled behind his closed mouth and caught up with me.

"Jealous?"

I snorted and rolled my eyes, "Hardly. Don't get such a big head," I said as I walked down the staircase and he followed.

He smirked, "Whatever you say, Jesse. So about Friday-."

"What?" I asked, arching an eyebrow, "Are you going to tell me now you change your mind about going with me and Logan? Cause if you are, I completely understand."

He snorted, "No, I was going to ask if we're going to get a funnel cake and share like we always do."

I frowned, "Oh. Um, sure. I guess."

Why can't I just let the words 'I'm not going with you!' out my mouth? Sure, I love that he wants to go this year with me, but Logan already asked me for God sakes! How am I going to explain this to Logan now? Maybe I won't tell him...

No, that'll be messed up of me not to do. I sighed to myself, feeling a headache coming on.

"You okay?" Kaden asked when we walked out of school and walked over to the parking lot.

I nodded and looked at the ground, "Yeah." but my voice gave it away I was a little sad.

Kaden my friend and is it wrong of me to choose a guy I just started to talk to over the summer over Kaden, someone I been friends with ever since I was seven?

Suddenly, Kaden dropped his book bag and before I could stop him, he threw me over his shoulder and spin around in a circle and my book bag and purse fell off my shoulder.

"Kaden!" I yelled in shock, but I started giggling. "What are you doing? Ow." I said as I continued to giggled, but I had to readjust myself on his shoulder since my stomach was laying uncomfortably on his shoulder.

"Tell me why you upset." Kaden said, stopping. I looked around and felt my cheeks heat up as I realized people were watching.

"Put me down," I told him. "People are watching."

I felt him shrugged, "I don't care. Let them."

"But Kaden-"

"Tell me why," he said. "And maybe I'll put you down."

"Maybe?" I said in disbelief. "No maybe, but you will.."

Again, he shrugged, "I could easily leave my car here and I'll walk us home like this. Don't think I won't, Jesse. You weigh nothing more than an empty box to me."