Chapter Thirty Four

3 chapters in a night! This editing business is easier than I thought!

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I crawled over to Alex and shook him. "Alex? Are you ok?" He gave me a pained smile.

"Just about." He groaned and I blinked, still dizzy. "Are you?" I nodded slowly, and then winced. I brought my hand to my head again and Alex noticed. "You're not. You're hurt." He tried to sit up again, but still failed.

"Sleep- You'll feel better for it." He shook his head.

"No because you're..." I cut him off

"I'm fine. He didn't really touch me." I lied. Alex didn't look convinced. "I promise you." He sighed and lay down, closing his eyes. When his breathing became even, I raised my hand to my head again. I knew I was losing too much blood. I ripped the edge of my top off, and brought it to my head, dabbing gently. I groaned softly, my head slipping backwards to the floor. I could feel myself losing consciousness quickly, my breathing ragged. At least Alex was okay, I thought to myself as I drifted into blackness.

A pain in the back of my head awoke me, and I blinked slowly. The room was still spinning and the scent of blood filled the air. I quickly realised it was mine and I sat up with a sharp intake of breath. When the world returned to normal, I glanced over at Alex. He was still sleeping, but he was frowning. I sighed and reached up to my head. My hair was matted with blood and pain rang through my skull. I dragged my sore body slowly over to him and slipped my hand into his. He stirred and opened his eyes, blinking rapidly.

"Hey." he said grinning sleepily. I smiled backed and tried to ignore my aching head. He frowned suddenly and sniffed the air. "Scarlett. Why do I smell blood?" My eyes widened. "What did he do? When did he do it?" Alex sat up and I quickly stood up. The world span and I fell into Alex's arms. "He did this last night, didn't he? You're such an idiot you know that?" Tears spilled down my cheeks.

"Alex it hurts." I said quietly. He shook his head and put a hand on the back of my head. I moved away, and he gave me a worried smile.

"Sorry. But I need to look, okay?" I nodded slowly. I didn't even care that he was speaking to me like a child. He stood up and walked over to the other side of the room, picking up the glass and plate from yesterday. When he returned, I placed the glass to my lips and drank half of it before giving it to Alex. He drank thirstily, and then gave me the plate.

"I already ate." I lied, handing it back to him. He frowned and I nodded my head, hoping he would believe me. He did and quickly ate the small amount of food on the plate. The smell of blood in the air made me feel sick, and I gagged. Alex saw and sighed, rubbing my back.

"Are you okay?" he asked. I nodded, trying to concentrate on anything other than the stench. "So what do you want to do?" he said quietly. I thought for a minute. I felt him playing with my h air, and my lips pulled into an unconscious smile.

"Sing." I whispered. He smirked.

"You just can't resist my beautiful voice can you?" I rolled my eyes.

"Wow maybe I shouldn't have asked that. You're ego is big enough already." I smiled at him. "Seriously though will you?" I said quietly. He nodded.

"What should I sing milady?" I shrugged.

"Something happy." He thought for a minute.

"I think I can do that." He cleared his throat and shook his head. "Why did I agree to this?"

"Because I asked you to and you can't resist me." I said playfully, but the tiredness came through in my voice. He raised his eyebrows and then began to sing. I wasn't sure what he was singing but when he finished his little performance, he came and sat down, cradling me. Eventually I felt myself drifting off to sleep.