Leaving...Leaving...Gone.

Reece's P.O.V:

I wake up, tired. I look at my clock. Nearly six o'clock in the afternoon. I've slept a while, after my crying jag. I get up and walk downstairs. I look at my Dad, who's in the living room. I go to the kitchen and get a glass of water.

It's like I'm doing everything in Auto-pilot. I can't believe they're leaving!

I gulp down the water and run upstairs to get my hoodie and I say to Dad 'I'll be right back' and then I leave the house and walk over to Zayn's house.

I knock on the door and Mrs Malik opens the front door and lets me in.

'Hey Reece. Are you Ok?' she asks.

'I'm fine, Mrs Malik' I reply.

'You don't look too good, honey' she replies.

'No, really. I'm fine. I'll miss the boys' I say. And she pulls me into a hug and rubs my hair with her hand. I sniff. I miss this. I miss my mum. Oh god. I don't wanna start crying again.

'And they'll miss you, Reece. You're one of their best friends, you know' she says. She pulls away and smiles sweetly at me.

'I'll miss you too. Although I haven't had time to get to know you properly' she continues. I laugh. 'Yeah. I'll miss you all' I reply.

I walk to the living room and I open the door. I look around. The boys are with their girlfriends and Zayn's sitting on his own.

I go over to him and put my arms around him. 'Hey Reece. You know about America, then?'

'Yeah. I'm gonna miss you' I say to him, hugging him.

'Yeah. I'll miss you too Reece' he says, his breathe tickling my ear.

I let go and sit down on the floor.

'What time are you leaving?'

'In the afternoon. After school. But I'm not goin' to school that day, coz I might miss the plane if I do' he says. I nod. I'll have to walk to school on my own too.

'We'll talk everyday, though, won't we?' he asks me.

'Yeah. Probably. My dad's not a fan of me calling America everyday though. He pays the bills, you know' I say.

He laughs. 'Yeah. I know. We'll call you or something. And we can email each other' he says. I nod.

'Do you want to go to America?' I ask him.

'Well, no, not really. But my mum says that I've got to. You know. For the band' he explains.

'Yeah, 'kay. Are you goin' to school tomorrow?' I ask him. He nods.

'Yeah. But not on Tuesday' he says.

'Yeah. Obviously' I reply. I look around the room. All of the boys are talking earnestly to their girlfriends. I wonder what's gonna happen. I turn to Zayn.

'Will the girls go to America with you and the boys?' I ask him. He shrugs.

'Not sure' he answers me.

'Okay. Well, I've gotta go. See you in the morning' I say, getting up. He follows me to the front door and lets me out. The wind blows in my face.

'Bye Zayn'

'Bye Reece. See ya in the morning' he says and pulls me into a hug again. He smells very nice, actually. I smile and blink back tears. I feel over-whelmed. I feel loads of feelings at the same time.