Chapter Seven {Zeya's POV}

Hey guys! We're so sorry! Paco and I have both been so busy! But i'm determined to update more and more! To everyone whose been commenting on the story, private messaging us, or posting on our message board thank you! You guys are truly the best fans! This chapters dedicated to one of our amazing fans!

Zeya's POV

When I opened my eyes the first thing I noticed was the burning glow of the sun reflecting it’s light upon the tree tops. I took in a deep breath, thankful I had made it through the night.

But I had an uneasy feeling in my gut. I closed my eyes and stretched out my legs, seeing I wasn’t tied to the tree anymore. I turned my head to the side and closed my eyes, yawning.

When I opened my eyes I found two goldfish yellow eyes staring back at me. I screamed and jumped up. The eyes were so lifeless and blank. His hair was practically silver and I quickly recognized him. It was one of the vampires from last night.

I looked away from him and around at what lay before me. All I saw was red.

Blood covered the tree’s, the ground and my hands. I screamed in fear of what I had done and tears rushed to my eyes. I wiped my hands quickly on my jeans. I soon noticed it was doing nothing to help my situation and I stopped. I yelled again, kicking myself back from him and against the tree.

Were they dead... or redead?

I forced myself up from the tree and let my hand cover my mouth just for a moment, letting the tears fall. I, unknowingly, smeared some blood on my cheek as I looked at the bloody bodies in front of me.

“I... I did this” I whispered to myself. His body looked like it had been mauled by a bear. His head was lying near a pile of dust, which I was guessing was his body. His legs were also ripped apart from the rest of him and blood covered every part of what was left of him.

I sunk to the bottom of the tree trunk and I cried, pulling my legs against my chest and hugging them. Resting my head on my knees, I cried for sometime. Even if these things were nasty and I spent most of my time getting rid of them, I wouldn’t have wanted them to die this inhumanely; even if it’s not human.

Then something hit me.

The amount of blood on the ground wasn’t enough for one vampire.

An image of Caleb lying dead like this vampire flew quickly into my mind and my heart snapped. If I had hurt Caleb, I don’t know what I would do. I needed to go find him and make sure he was alive. I forced myself up and made my way towards the left. I didn't remember the exact spot we were meeting at but I never stopped running.

Not even to take a breath.

I couldn’t even think about Lilah, Ace, Desiree or Kila because the thought of a dead Caleb never left my mind and it caused tears to glisten in my eyes. I closed my eyes trying to control the tears when I crashed with something.

I groaned, rolling around on my back trying to get the air back into my body. I had slammed into whatever it was so quickly and so hard that the air had been knocked out of my body

“Ugh, that hurt” A very familiar voice said. “Zeya, don’t you ever look where you're going?”

“Kila!?” I gasped sitting up. She was sitting up, wiping some dirt off herself. I jumped at her and threw my arms around her, engulfing her in a hug.