Us Against The World

Everything in the world was right, I was happy, I didn’t remembered feeling like that ever, it like I was leaving everything behind. We were leaving everything behind.

Everything was where it was supposed to be, I could have honestly die then.

Truthfully, I was a little scared, scared of being that happy, I had spent so much of my time, being grumpy and bitter and rude. The more that I was happy, the more that I kept feeling alone. I wondered if it was only me, or did that happen to other people.

Everything just felt strange, that it might be a dream and ‘puff’ everything gone.

‘Please don’t wake me up’ yeah, that was being played. I connected my iPod to the car, we stole Avan’s car, not as much as borrowed.

I mean , after our ‘I love you-s’ , we started packing stuff , everything, anything that touched our hands and you know my Volvo was hardly the ‘rich romantic road trip’ material whereas Avan’s Mercedes was, so we lent ourselves that car, without him knowing, off course. Well without anyone knowing, me and Brandon both left msgs on Avan’s and Sophie’s cell that, “Don’t look 4 us, v r going 2 Venus, be back in a week or 2, love xoxo.”

Well, Brandon didn’t write ‘love, xoxo’ but still pretty much the same.

Poor Avan he went nuts when he found out, that car was his baby, he never let me drive that to school. And Sophie and Lees and Plum and Alex, they had no idea; they were probably wasted at the after party.

 I wished it was Avan’s lucky night, yeah , I was rooting for him, I mean , I know it was wrong, setting my best friend with a  _ umm, murderer, drug lord and a thief wanted in 22 states but still, you know,

                         They looked so cute thought,

Well not as hot as us, obvo: P

God, so much had changed,

Last prom, my junior prom, it was so different from this one, I wore a red gown, yeah, I know I’m a sucker for long gowns, so sue me? So yeah where was I?

 I went with, George, a gorgeous gay senior; we went like _just friends_ obviously, because we both didn’t had dates. At this exact moment we were at the after party and dancing on the tables and drunk and dancing and drinking and THAT loud music, it hurt my ears, my hurt was thumping with the music beats. And Sophie had Neil and Lees was making out with someone_I_don’t_remember, Alex and Plum were in some room upstairs and I was thing ‘Love is SOOOOO Overrated.’

I looked around, breaking from my train of thought, my head turned toward Brandon; he smiled at me, breaking from his lost_in_deep_thought_look. It was raining and I could see the rain hitting the road in headlights. ‘Don’t wake me’ by Chris Brown was playing and I was 4 am in the morning.

We were driving toward somewhere only I didn’t know where.

Could you believe it, I couldn’t believe it.

We left, I mean who does that?

We just, Left.

You know, we just, left, everything.

‘If this is a dream please don’t wake me up’ I begged my brain and closed my eyes.

I finally made it out of bed, we reached New York at about 2:30pm the next time, the before today, we reached Miami airport at 6 in the morning and took the first flight to New York, only no flight was going before 11’o clock so we had to wait.

New York was great, just like the last time I was here, the city that never sleeps, I visited New York numerous times when I was small, my parents used to fly here all the time. I spent all my childhood in ER colouring on old post_op charts with crayons. I practically grew up in the hospital, nurses used to be my best friends and my mom’s interns used to take me to Times Square.