Preference #1 - Picking a new house together

Moving in together Series

Preference #1 – Picking a new house together

Harry:

You and Harry had been together for nearly one and a half years and you were always at his and Louis’ flat, so you decided that it was time to get your own place together. You had the perfect idea in your mind; a small house that was big enough for the both of you and possibly a child one day in the future.

“Y/N, babe we’ve been looking at houses all day. I think I am currently holding 40 brochures in my hand and yet you think that we haven’t found the perfect place yet?”

“No, we haven’t seen them all yet and that means that we haven’t found it.”

“Do you know how big London is? We will never be able to see all the houses for sale.” Harry was starting to get restless with all this looking around but you were certain that the next house was the one. The photos that you had seen made you love it already and you knew that once Harry saw it he would appreciate the house hunting days.

“I know you will love this next place.” With that you walked into the house. It was a simple three bedroom, two bathroom, two garage house. It was modern with a vintage twist something that Harry liked.

“Okay, maybe it is all worth it,” Harry said as he hugged you when your mini tour was over. “This is the one for us.”

“I knew you would like it,” was all you could say in response.

Niall:

Niall was horrible to go house hunting with. He just agreed with everything you said as he wanted you happy. It didn’t make anything easier. If fact it was harder as you didn’t know if he truly liked anything.

“Niall c’mon we need to agree on something that we both really like.” You two had been searching the internet all day of different houses.

“I’m happy as long as you’re happy.” That one sentence that he had been saying all day was starting to get on your nerves. You and Niall had been together for a year now and he was the sweetest boyfriend ever but when it came to decision making that became hell. Not because he wouldn’t co-operate but because he co-operated too much sometimes.

You wanted a cute house that had a reasonable sized backyard for the future and you wanted it to have the white picket fence. “Niall, you choose a house I will say whether I like it or not.” You suggested as you handed him the laptop. His smile soon went from a frown realising that it was a lot of pressure to choose a house that you would both be truly happy with.

“Okay so it’s harder than what it looks. Please help me.”

“Well, I’ve narrowed it down to a few houses.” You showed Niall the few houses which had open inspections on the current day. After visiting the final 4 houses you had settled on a four bedroom house with three bathrooms. It was modern and exactly what you had always wanted.

Louis: 

Louis was being childish with all the houses you had visited. He looked at the biggest houses that were currently on the market and ran through them all like a five year old. “I like this one,” He pointed to the front of the biggest house you had visited so far.

“It’s the biggest one. I swear it has six bedrooms at least not to mention how many lounge rooms and kitchens. I think we can get a smaller one. Maybe the one we looked at previously?”

“But this one is the best. The carpets are soft and fluffy.” Really that’s what he cared about?

“Louis if we get the one we previously looked at we can put in carpet that’s soft and fluffy.”

“Do you promise?” I swear he is the most childish adult.

“I promise.” He picked you up and spun you around kissing the life out of you. So it was settled, you bought a house with three bedrooms, two bathrooms and bought plenty of carpet to cover the floors even though Louis tried to get you to buy some for the walls and ceiling.

Liam:

Liam insisted that you needed to had to check out this one house that he had found for you two. You had looked at so many houses and you couldn’t find anything yet. You wanted it to be perfect for the two of you and that is why it has taken over 2 months to find the one house.

“Are you sure you want to get a house together? I mean if you’re having second thoughts, that’s alright, we can wait?” Liam randomly asked while flicking through the newspaper.

“Yes, I do want to move into a house with you, I just want it to be perfect for us.”

“As long as you’re with me it will be perfect.” Cue the aww’s because that is what you were feeling. “Come here and we can flick through the newspaper and look at the houses.” You walked over to Liam and sat next to him on the couch. You found the perfect house three bedrooms, one bathroom and a spa out the back.

Zayn:

Zayn never settled for anything less than perfect when it came to you. So he was taking forever to find a house for you two. He wanted the house to be more than perfect.

“C’mon Zayn we’ve looked at least 20 houses and I’ve liked every single house.”

“But Y/N they’re not perfect. I want you to have the best.” You rolled your head back in annoyance. If there was one slightest problem with the house such as a crack in one of the walls or a stain on a wall it was the end of that house. There was only one way to get Zayn to soften up.

“Babe, I don’t need perfect I only need you and it would be perfect,” you stated as you sat on Zayn’s lap. “Any house would be fine. If it has a simple crack or something it doesn’t matter as long as you’re there.”

“But - ” you cut him off with a kiss. “No buts, I like this place.” You stated as you pointed to one of the brochures. It was the top floor of an apartment block with three bedrooms two bathrooms and a mini home theatre. It had a rooftop garden which only you and Zayn would be able to access.

 AN: So this is the First Preference that I have written for a very long time. Let me know what you think of it. :)

COMMENT 

VOTE 

FAN

-lilmisscupcake