Business & Pleasure

I walked in the Walker Corporation wearing a black pencil skirt, white blouse with a black blazer, black stilettos and my white leather bag. My long, black hair was in a neat ponytail as I made my way towards the elevators. I got in the elevator, which was filled with employees, some of the guys in there were good looking.

The door was about to close when someone yelled"wait, hold the elevator." I stuck my foot out and watched the guy get on, he smiled"thank you." When we were the only ones left, he introduced himself"I'm Duke Peters."

I shook his hand"nice to meet you, Duke. I'm Jade Barnes."

He smiled"it's nice to meet you Jade. Are you Mr. Walker's new assistant?"

I nodded"yeah, it's my first day and I'm hoping to make a good impression." I let out a big breath.

He laughed"don't worry, Mr. Walker is a great boss, just don't get on his bad side." We stepped out of the elevator, he went to a desk across an empty office. Duke placed his stuff down"Well, you better get in Mr. Walker's office."

I nodded"thanks, I'll see you around." He nodded as I started to walk to Mr. Walker's office, I knocked on the door.

Mr. Walker answered"come in." I let out a big shaky breath and entered. Sitting at his desk was my new boss, my God he is FINE. He had black shoulder length hair, a nice muscular built, an amazing tan, mesmerizing green eyes and kissable lips. Lucky for me, I knew how to compose my facial expressions and how to remain cool around hot guys, since I grew up around my brother's hot friends.

I walked towards his desk"good morning Mr. Carter, I'm Jade Barnes, your new assistant." I held out my hand.

He shook my hand"morning Jade, it's good to have you join the team. I'm sorry, but we have a meeting." He walked out, stopping at the empty office"this will be your office, you'll receive a company card to buy whatever you furniture and supplies you need. If you need to customize it to your liking, please do. We should get going or else we will be late, shall we?" I nodded, before we left, I placed my purse and jacket in my office and followed Mr. Walker. We entered the conference room which was full and I noticed as we sat down that everybody was looking at me.

Mr. Walker stood up"good morning, everyone. We have Jade Barnes who is now part of our team, so welcome her. Now, let's get down to business. Our idea for the last article on the average routine of a cat was a total mess. Rhonda your article costed us a lot of readers. Does anyone have any idea for a new article?" People were throwing our horrible ideas, the last one was about why teenagers love junk food, that made me laugh and everyone turned to look at me. Mr. Walker raised an eyebrow"is there something funny, Jade?"

I laughed"yeah, these ideas suck."

Mr. Walker laughed"do you have any suggestions?"

I nodded"yeah, if you guys want to attrack readers, especially teenage girls, publish articles about how amazing the new twilight movie or about the AMA's or the new fashion trends or maybe write some reviews on the new musicians in today's society."

One woman asked"what is the ama's?"

I looked at her shocked, Duke and shouted"American Music Awards." We looked at each other and laughed.

Mr. Walker laughed again"thanks Jade, those aren't bad ideas. We will continue next week, meeting dismissed." We all got up and left, I walked back to my office and started to look around. My office was pretty big, but not as big as Mr. Walker's, this office needed my personal touch. I saw Duke outside my office door and I waved him to come in.

Duke smiled"well, you are the talk of the office."

I laughed"I guess I made quite the impression."

He laughed"would you like to come to lunch?"

I looked at him"I think I'm just going to stay here for lunch, maybe tomorrow."

He nodded"would you mind if I joined you?"

I smiled"thanks, that would be nice." I got up and followed Duke as he made his way towards the food cart.

Duke pushed people out the way and made his way towards the front and ordered. He came back with a tray filled with food"I got you a turkey sub, chips, an apple and a Snapple."

I helped him out"thanks, I'll pay you back." We sat down.

He shook his head"it's my treat for your first day, but I may not be finished yet." I was suspicious, but nodded and started to eat. The rest of the day went fast, I got some work done. I was about to leave when I bumped into someone, my ponytail got messed up and I almost fell, but the person caught me. When I looked up, I saw Mr. Walker looking at me, he blushed once he noticed that I was looking at him. He let me go.

I fixed myself"thanks for catching me, Mr. Walker."

He smiled"no problem and call me Ashton outside the office.

I returned his smile"thank you, Ashton." We started walking towards the elevator, pressing the down button and stepped in.  We stepped out and walked out to the parking lot, there was a limo waiting for him out front, he told the limo driver something and jogged to me. I started my silver camaro convertible and placed my things inside.

Ashton looked at my car"nice camaro."

I smiled"thank you. Goodnight, Ashton."

He looked at me and smiled"goodnight and I hope you enjoyed your first day, Jade. See you tomorrow."

I got in my car, closed the door and rolled down the window"I did have a good first day and see you tomorrow morning. Bye, Ashton."

He moved back' night Jade.' I pulled out of the parking lot and drove to my loft in New York City, I love New York. I parked my car, got my mail, got the elevator to the tenth floor and opened the door. I placed the mail on the table and headed to the bathroom, I took a shower and changed into a tank top and boy shorts. I layed in bed and I thought about the actions of today, I have a sexy ass boss and made a new friend. I yawned and drifted off to a restless sleep, knowing that I would have to wake up at seven.

Please vote and comment.

This story belongs to sarahgurl34