Epilogue

Epilogue

Five months later

Abbey smiled as she drove up to the ranch house and saw Tanner, Marcus and Audrey out in the corral. Marcus had gotten Audrey a small mare of her own and Tanner a pony and the kids were clearly taking every spare moment that Marcus had for riding lessons.

She put her truck in park and heard the pups yelling for her to come watch them. With eagerness, Abbey turned off the ignition and slid out bringing the pink box from the bakery with her.

She and Dawn had gone in today despite it being Saturday and been busy all day baking Marcus and Julian's favorite treats. Today was their birthday and while they had insisted they didn't want anything special Abby hadn't been willing to let it pass without doing something.

She was grateful for the July warmth as she walked to the corral and watched her children riding their mounts around without any assistance from Marcus.

"Daddy says I'm a natural!" Audrey giggled.

"Daddy says I have a stubborn pony," Tanner mumbled as he kicked his pony's sides to get it to move but it stubbornly stood there and blew out a breath.

"What do you have there?" Marcus questioned as he walked over to her and kissed her over the corral fence.

"I come bearing birthday gifts,' Abbey replied, opening the box to reveal, cookies, cupcakes and fudge.

"I fuckin' love you." Marcus growled before flashing her a toothy grin and snatching up a handful of fudge.

"You won't love me quite as much once I tell you the next bit of news," Abbey replied guiltily.

Marcus raised a skeptic brow, "What?"

"Dawn, Emily and Carol insisted that you had to have a birthday dinner. We're expected at Dawn and Grange's house at six tonight."

Marcus shook his head, "Woman, I told you I didn't want any big deal made over my birthday."

Abbey fixed him with a stern look, "Yes well it's not only your birthday, it's Julian's as well."

"It's just another day."

"No, it's your birthday."

"And we'll have over six hundred more of them." Marcus reminded her.

Abbey rolled her eyes, "This is your first birthday with the pack and they wanted to do something nice for you."

When Marcus opened his mouth to argue again, Abbey leaned forward and winked "And if you be a real good boy I might just have another present for you and Julian once the pups go to sleep."

Marcus growled and raised a brow, "Well why the hell didn't you say that before? I'll be ready for dinner."

Abbey gave him one more tender kiss, tasting the fudge on his lips, "Where's Julian?"

"Inside with Grange, Brendon, Gilliam, Trig and Nickolia working on some dry wall. I escaped the hard work to come hang out with the pups."

"You slacker."

"You know I can't say no to them when they ask me for something."

"Especially if that something gets you out of doing drywall."

"Exactly."

Abbey laughed, "Well I'm going to take these inside and say hi to Julian. Kids you have about another hour you can play and then we have to get cleaned up and ready for dinner at Grange's."

"Okay, mommy!" Audrey and Tanner replied in unison.

Abbey turned and headed toward the nearly finished house. She could feel Marcus's eyes on her as she walked and she gave him an extra sashay of her hips, hearing him growl and knowing she'd pay for that tonight.

She trembled with pleasure at the thought.

As Abbey walked to the house she thought about how drastically her life had changed since one year ago. One year ago she'd been being beaten daily and honestly did not think she would live much longer.

Today she was happier than she had ever been in her life. She felt safe, warm, loved and fulfilled. Business at the bakery had picked up since Abbey had begun to really get the hang of decorating The house was nearly completed since everyone in the pack had been pitching in. The money to build the house and start up a new ranch had come from many different places. The bakery, Grange's wood cutting and wood carving shop, Brie's daycare in town, Gilliam's garage, Ella's sewing shop... Nearly everyone in the pack had something that they did and loved doing.

It seemed to be more for the love of it than for the money seeing as how there was more than enough money to last lifetimes and Grange's pack did not spend much of it. They hunted, they grew their own food, Maggie, Ella and Isabelle made most of their clothes.. Abbey loved it.

But the best part of Abbey's life, outside of her children, were these two incredible mates that loved her more than life and that she loved just as deeply in return. Julian was still just as calm, understanding and steady as he'd always been while Marcus still had a tendency for letting his pride and temper get in the way at times. Though now when he walked away Abbey no longer feared it was for good and instead she understood that it was what he needed to do in order to clear his head and think. He always came back from those runs ready to compromise and get back to loving.

She hadn't known her mates a full six months yet and still Abbey couldn't see how her life with them could get any better or more fulfilling. They loved her, they loved her children and they supported her in anything she wanted to do.

Abbey could not wait to spend the next six hundred and fifty years or so being loved by those two devilishly sexy, protective and loving men.... No other woman in the world was as lucky as her.