XVIII: The Man Who Never Lied

QOTC: Neji: What would you do if you have a cousin who is unfortunately dating some half-demon psycho while you, on the other hand, is stuck in the middle of choosing between the happiness of others, and more importantly.. Yours.

Kiba: I'd get a hobby.

*********************************************************

Chapter 18: The Man Who Never Lied

"What's your name?"

Those were the words that started this still moment. Sakura found her.

And she was no ordinary.

She maybe scrawny and dirty, but unlike others she was a natural beauty. She had straight, silvery hair but hers were bright and dull that almost reached the end of her waist. Big brown eyes that glimmered even at the absence of the sun, and roses that occupied her puffy cheeks. Sasuke had shown no particular interest when it comes to children, but there was this flicker of amusement that occupied his face as he'd studied her pecularities.

And she was singing at a tree trunk.

"Shhhh. It's gonna be okay." Sakura reassured her, holding her hand.

Sasuke, who now stood at the bushes, contemplated her with a silent look. Sometimes he couldn't get her. This quality-the sympathetic, compassionate and tender quality; was something he could never possess. A girl she was willing to pay off her caritas when he could have simply ended her misery. He'd never be like this. Maybe he was when he was a child, but that was before his world hasn't tormented him with his thoughts of vengeance.

He and Sakura will never be the same. She was an unconditional kind woman with a big heart while he was cold-blooded criminal who did things for the good of himself.

He didn't notice that the girl was already pointing at his direction.

Sasuke's eyes shifted to Sakura, unease and discomfort showing pools in his onyx. It was obvious he didn't know how to talk to children.

"Sweetie," Sakura started, deciding to speak for him. "You don't have to be afraid of him. He won't hurt you."

Sasuke looked troubled. He couldn't care less what people would think of him, but children nowadays would make an external damage to his unbeating heart. Mothers are showing his picture like he was about to lash anyone who gets in his way. I get it, inwardly letting off a strange laugh. I am one heartless repulsive monster.

When he was at the village of 13, people would look up to him in awe and wonder. Now they all stare at him with fear and resentment.

The girl shook her head tirelessly. She must have been raised well and word had gone quite fast about his identity.

"What's your name, beautiful?"

The girl shook her head.

"How old are you?"

She raised both of her palms into the air and Sakura counted how many of the fingers were. 10.

This made the Raven stand straightly.

The third question caught Sasuke's attention.

"Would you sing for me?" Sakura asked, hoping for a better answer.

Nee kikoe Masau ka? *Hey, can you hear me?*

First Sakura thought it was only a trick of the light, but tears stream down her pale face. Sasuke understood before crossing his arms and feeling sympathy towards her.