Ch.3 (PG): Hunting Princes Become the Hunted

“Thorin’s Dream of Love”, Ch.3 (PG):  Hunting Princes Become the Hunted, October 3, 2013 Gratiana Lovelace

(This is an original fan fiction by Gratiana Lovelace, All rights reserved;  The characters from “The Hobbit:  An Unexpected Journey” are owned by Warner Brothers, no copyright infringement intended)

[From time to time, I will illustrate my story with my dream cast of:  Richard Armitage as Prince Thorin Oakenshield, Lucy Griffiths as Lady Kiralin, Jeffrey Thomas as King Thror, Mike Mizrahi as Prince Thrain, Lee Pace as King Thranduil, Graham McTavish as Lord Dwalin, Orlando Bloom as Prince Legolas, and Evangeline Lilly as Captain Tauriel,  etc.]

Author’s Mature Content Note:  “Thorin’s Dream of Love” is a story of romance and intrigue set amidst the backdrop of Middle Earth.  As such there will be some passages in this story involving heartfelt love scenes (R rated) and some passages involving highly dramatic moments.  I will label the maturity rating of those chapters accordingly.  Otherwise, the general rating for this story is PG or PG-13 due to some mature situations and topics.  If you are unable or unwilling to attend a movie with the ratings that I provide, then please do not read the chapters with those labels.  This is my disclaimer.

Author’s Recap from the previous installment:  Thorin still dreams of the time before the dragon’s attack.  After the usual snide insults were traded at the audience of the Elven King Thranduil with the Dwarven King Thror in Erebor’s throne room, Prince Thorin was bade to assist the missing Prince Legolas in hunting today.  So Prince Thorin catches Lady Kiralin’s eyes amongst those in attendance and she follows him to his bed chamber to help him change before hunting.

“Thorin’s Dream of Love”, Ch.3 (PG):  Hunting Princes Become the Hunted

The guard opens Prince Thorin’s bed chamber door when he sees him walking toward it. Prince Thorin enters with Lady Kiralin following. The door is not shut initially, so Prince Thorin and Lady Kiralin are under watchful eyes and must not betray their intimacy to the guard and anyone passing by in the royal family’s bed chamber corridor.  Lady Kiralin helps Prince Thorin remove his outer ceremonial coat of a fine pelt, folds the garment long ways, and lays it across a nearby chair’s arms.  Then he turns to face her for her to unbuckle his sword belt and such.  It is not that Prince Thorin cannot do these things for himself, but they must play their roles--with her substituting for her brother Gralin, Prince Thorin’s manservant.

Prince Thorin:  Whispering huskily.  “You left the door open, a pity.”

Lady Kiralin:  She smiles.  “I thought it best, my Prince.  My mother is not here as a chaperone.  And assisting you changing into your hunting attire will not take long.” 

Prince Thorin:  “But it could.” Prince Thorin’s voice resonates deeply and he slightly raises his eye brow as he penetratingly gazes down at her with a knowing smirk [(2) right]. His lips twitch in remembering her lips joined with his last night.

Lady Kiralin:  A pleasing blush forming on Lady Kiralin’s merely soft fuzz covered beardless cheeks, she admonishes him cryptically lest anyone overhear.  “That will not be possible at present.”

Prince Thorin:  Prince Thorin continues to whisper seductively. “Still, I am of a mind to give you a remembrance of our earlier meeting.  So I would advise you to shut the door … now.”  He growls seductively.

Knowing that the tone in Prince Thorin’s voice indicates a pleading command, Lady Kiralin walks back to the open bed chamber door and speaks to the guard in the corridor.