Parvana

Hi guys this is an assignment I got for English and I thought what the heck I'll put it up. Now please remember I'm really not a very good writer at all . We had been reading a book in class called Parvana and the teacher asked us to do some sought of epilogue for the story. So this is my attempt...

P.S This at the end of the first book

PP.S All feed back is welcome, whether it's good or bad.

PPP.S I don't own anything the origanal story is by Deborah Ellis and the second book is called Parvana's Journey and tell me if the picture or Youtube Video don't come up.

----------DO NOT READ THIS STORY IF YOU HAVE NOT READ THE FIST BOOK "PARVANA" OR IT WON'T MAKE SENSE------

Parvana watched as the ground below her became further and further away. The people looked like ants from up here thought Parvana. The lift was crowded with chatter and cries from the infants that were scared of the heights. They were giving Parvana a headache, “Just a few more levels” she kept muttering under her breath to herself. Just a few more levels and she would see Shauzia again; the wait was driving her insane.

 Twenty years, twenty years since Parvana had seen Shauzia. A lot could happen in twenty years. For all Parvana knew Shauzia could be married with six children. Parvana hoped Shauzia was happy that she was okay no missing limbs or anything bad, that she had made it to France safely.

The lift doors opened, Parvana had been so caught up in her thoughts that she didn’t even notice that she was the last person in the lift. Parvana quickly ran off trying to find the lift to the next level. As she got on she realised that it was even more cramped than it was on the last lift. Parvana was squished in between a smelly old man and a mother carrying a toddler. She couldn’t wait to get off and see her friend again. Parvana wondered if Shauzia had any children or was even married, if she had finished her education and gone to university like they both wanted did her dreams come true? Parvana thought back to the day they said goodbye.

                                       -Flashback-

“When will we see each other again?” Parvana asked Shauzia. “How will we keep in touch?” Parvana questioned in a panic she didn’t want to say goodbye. “I’ve got it all figured out.”Shauzia reassured Parvana. “We’ll meet again on the first day of spring twenty years from now.” Parvana felt a bit better knowing that she would see her friend again “All right. Where?”  “The top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris. I told you I was going to France.”Parvana laughed. “I’ll be there.”Parvana said while hugging her friend goodbye.

                                  -Flashback Over-

Parvana didn’t realise she was crying until she felt the cold salty tears slip down her cheeks. Parvana quickly wiped them away and hope no one noticed.

A lot had happened in twenty years for Parvana after her and her father left in search for mother, Nooria, Myriam and Ali.

                                       -Flashback-

Silent tears slipped down Parvana’s face as she placed the last rock on her father’s grave, she quickly wiped them away. He would not want her to cry, he would want her to be strong. He was gone; her father the one person she looked up to most was gone. Parvana picked up the bags and took one last look at her father’s grave almost expecting him to be standing there laughing telling her that it was all a joke but of course that won’t happen because he really is dead and will never come back. As Parvana walked in a random direction, as long as she was walking away from her father’s grave. Parvana wondered how was she going to pay for food. Her father had always taken care of everything when it came to what to do next.