Are You With Me Or Are You On Your Own?

~Are You With Me Or Are You On Your Own?~

Andy's P.O.V

          Beside me, Izzi let out an aggravated sigh. I looked at her questioningly while I tapped my fingers on the back of the couch. A bit of my ADD kicking in. Earlier, when Izzi was actually sitting right next to me, I'd draped my arm across the back of the couch behind her in an attempt to simultaneously act casual, as well as subtly offering her a cozy spot curled up to my side. Juliet had always liked that, not Izzi. She'd smirked at me before lying down with her head propped at the opposite end of the couch from me, then plopped her feet into my lap with a wink and proceeded to check her phone. She was such a tease!

          Our kiss from this morning played behind my eyes over and over. Every time my mind started to wander, I feel her breath whisper against my skin, her silky smooth lips pressed against mine, her fingers knotting my hair, her body a delicious heat flush against me  and her phantom nails trail down my spine. I had to stop myself from actually shivering.

          I came back to reality when Izzi grumbled something along the lines of 'Who does she think she is?!'

          I ran my finger lightly against the bottom of her bare foot that just so happened to be lying conveniently in my lap, and smiled when she squealed, jerking her foot away. I looked up, catching her playful glare. “Bad news?” I asked her.

          “The she-Devil requests my presence at a family reunion.” she grumbled, glaring at her phone.

          “But you're on tour...”

          “She knows we'll have a day off in Stoke; which just so happens to be where she's demanding I attend said event.”

          “In Stoke, huh?” I drawled.

          “Yeah...”

          “I think it's a great idea!” I exclaimed excitedly, grinning.

          Izzi looked at me wide-eyed and horror-struck. “Are you mad!?” She gasped.

          I just grinned at her.

          “Yeah, you've lost it; gone completely mad. I'm having the time of my life. My dreams of touring, meeting my idols and making friends with other kick ass artists are all coming true and you think its a brilliant idea to make a pitstop in Judgmental-Bitchville?! No way! You're fucking insane!” she was gesturing wildly by this point, while I just kept grinning through the whole rant.

          “So, you're saying that you're an outcast in your family and that's why you don't want to go to this family reunion, correct?” I clarified.

          “Exactly!”

          “Problem solved!” My grin had to have split my face, it was so wide. “I'll just have to go with you. We'll be outcasts together,” I explained, “Once I show up, your family won't even bat an eye at you.” I finished.

          It was totally worth it when I saw her jaw practically hit the floor and roll away in shock. “So, we get to Stoke in about a day or two. Is there anything I should know about your family?”

Rey's P.O.V

          I cracked open another beer. Normally, I didn't drink this much, but I figured I had a good reason. I could still feel Jay's fingers twisting in my hair. I could still feel the incredible heat of her body pressed up against me. Her lips touching mine. At the same time though, the bitter cold of her rejection was never far from my mind, tainting those blissful memories with pain and confusion; hence the seventh beer in my hand. The previous six had disappeared over the last hour. I couldn't remember how long I'd stood next to that bus after Jay had left me in the biting cold, or so it had felt in the absence of her body heat. It had started to rain and the dreary night had only amplified my terrible mood.

          I took another drink.

          For just a split-second I'd had everything I've ever wanted. It had surpassed everything I'd ever imagined. Then she'd snatched it back, like it was nothing. Just like that. How cruel.

          I took another drink.

          When I'd gotten back to the bus, Jay was nowhere in sight, but the curtain to her bunk was shut tight. She was disgusted by me. She had to think I was revolting. I was sure of it, and I didn't blame her.

          I took another drink.

          As the hours passed and the beers vanished, it got harder and harder to stay put. I was angry, but not at Jay; I was angry at myself. I was hurt, because I had something I had wanted so bad, and then it vanished, like all of those beers. She ran away. I was confused, for just a moment, she had acted like she was enjoying herself, like she wanted me just as much as I wanted her. But then she ran away. She ran away. I couldn't get past it. Why did I have to go and kiss her?!

          I took another drink.

          She probably never even thought of me as anything other than a bandmate, brotherly love and all that bullshit. God! Why did I have to be such a fucking idiot?!

          I downed the rest of yet another can.

          Sitting here and moping wasn't going to accomplish anything. Jay and I needed to talk this out. This silent treatment wasn't a cure, it won't fix anything. I needed to hear her voice, even if it's only her screaming at me. Telling me how repulsive I am. I deserved every bad name she could come up with. It didn't matter, as long as she was talking to me.

          I lurched to my feet, determined to talk to her, but my body had other plans. I swayed dangerously, before taking several clumsy steps leaning heavily to the left before falling into the wall. The room was spinning, but I needed to make things right with Jayme.

          I took another step, but my leg turned to jelly and refused to hold me any longer. I started to go down. Faintly, I heard: “Oh, Shit! He's fucked!” before arms wrapped around my chest, stopping from faceplanting. Next thing I knew I was lying on my side on the couch.

          “Relax mate, you just need to ride it out.” came Sam's voice, slightly muddled by my self-induced stupor.

           'It's okay, I just need to talk to Jayme' is what I tried to say. It actually came out in a jumbled slur like: “Is kay, I jus ned tack uh Aimmee.” by some miracle, Sam actually understood what I was trying to say.

          “You don't need to talk to her right now, it's three in the morning. Jayme's sleeping, and you're absolutely piss drunk. Sleep it off mate. You can talk to her when you're both awake and sober.”

          I grunted some manner of compliance and passed out.

* * * * *

          SORRY IT'S BEEN SO LONG GUYS!!!! I know you all waited forever!!! Thank you for your patience and for sticking with me!! For all of you newcomers, I apologize in advance, I'm terrible about updating.... any of the vets can confirm that for you... but this story is far from over!!!! fun stuff coming!! oh and, Dedication goes too....... Laura_Biersack_Quinn for all of her comments and being such a loyal fan! Thanks for your support! <3 <3 <3

<3 Sammi