Chapter 3: Considering The Situation

The harsh greys and monochromes of my surroundings slowly drifted into focus and I blinked, hardly believing my eyes. I looked around my dreary surroundings and went to rub my eyes to clear my vision a notch further, when a sharp pain caused me to stop and yelp slightly in pain.

My gazed scanned over my back and I saw that my wrists were in fact bound, which would be the cause of the excruciating pain that had just rippled through me.

“You’re awake.” A timid voice spoke to the left me, and I spun slightly to see a tired looking Gerard Way, staring back at me with glossy hazel orbs. His usually messy hair was looking worse for wear and the prominent darkened bags under his eyes caused him to age by about 4 years.

“Gerard?” I asked, I was shocked that my mouth wasn’t taped up, seeing that my hands were but my voice was still raspy as it had been unused for a while. I was a little confused to put it simply. If this was another one of my stupidly realistic dreams I was going to be mad when I woke up. “What’s going on?” I spoke softly.

“I have no idea.” Gerard whispered softly. “You’ve been out for like half an hour. This dude grabbed us and put us in this van. He told me…” Gerard gulped and this, a look of terror masking his perfect features, “He told me that when you woke up, I had to tell you to be quiet or, or he’d hurt you.” Gerard’s shoulders shook a little.

“I remember sitting on the bench by the Arena, and someone grabbing me.” I assured him that he wasn’t going mad. “Then I don’t remember much apart from someone grabbing me. Did the guy say anything about why he took us?” I asked, furiously fighting to hold back tears.

“No.” Gerard stated, putting his head in his lap. “The only other thing he mentioned, was the fact that I ‘better do what he says’ or I’ll ‘be for it’. I don’t know what’s going on at all. I just want to go home.” He sniffed slightly.

There was complete silence for a few awkward minutes and I took this chance to survey the surroundings. It looked awfully like the inside of a workman’s van and judging by the ‘humming’ and ‘growling’ noise every so often, the said van was on the move.

The metal box that we were enclosed in was no more than a 3x2m rectangle; the ‘front’ of the small prison was covered with dark metal. On the other side of said material, our captor sat in the cab of the van, driving us to anywhere. We sat in more silence for a while longer.

“What’s your name?” Gerard suddenly murmured through his shaking legs. “I never got it at the Arena.” He continued, looking down awkwardly.

I sighed, “It’s Juliana, but please don’t call me that.” I begged him as quietly as I could. “Call me Anna, it’s much simpler.” I smiled hopefully, despite our, and excuse my French, shitty situation.

“You have a beautiful name.” Gerard muttered softly, pulling his knees up to his chest, like a small child would. “This is going to sound really ‘un-manly’ of me, Anna, but I’m absolutely fucking terrified.” Gerard eyes flashed to mine and I saw the genuine horror and disbelief swimming in the hypnotic hazel. 

“Me too,” I admitted and I saw Gerard relax slightly, “And that’s not ‘un-manly’ of you. You have every right to be scared. I mean look around us.” I exclaimed, gesturing to the poorly lit van’s interior. “The thing is, people will actually be missing you.” I explained nervously.

Gerard shrugged it off, as if he was trying not to look at it in that respect. “And not you?” He questioned seriously. His hands would have been folded on his chest by now, if they weren’t bound tightly behind his back. “I bet someone will miss you.”

“That would have been the case if there was someone at home. My Mum’s in Paris and she’s not back until next week. No one else would think I would be missing.” I explained carefully, putting my head into my knees as softly as the constant bumps from the speed that we were travelling would let me.