City in the Sky Part 3

City in the Sky

Part 3

When Dimitri had stopped sucking my blood, I had suddenly felt extremely sick. Beads of sweat formed on my forehead, and my hands became very clammy. Then all of the sudden, pain coursed through my veins, making me scream in agony and writhe around like some sort of mutant. Dimitri stood there, shocked, transfixed on the spasm I was having, and after about three minutes of pure pain, it stopped. Altogether I felt new, and stronger than ever. No one could stop me if I set my mind to doing something, and no one will ever try. If skin could glisten, mine would. It would be the most beautiful thing anyone would have ever seen.

Dimitri then seemed to snap out of his shock, and focus mainly on me.

"I...I, uh, Emily, I'm sorry!!" He said to me as he again embraced me "I don't know what came over me... Wait! Oh, now I know whats going on. You know those lessons in imprinting we had at school? You know the legends they taught us of?"

"Yeah, I remember..... It was like two hours a day of insanity, but I remember. If someone imprints uncontrollably, than that means that the imprinter, that's you, has certain feelings for the imprinted, that's me. Feelings of love." I stated through memory, while reaching to hold his hand

"That's right, Emily. You know what that means?" He asked me quietly, almost in a whisper as he put his hand on my chin

"You.......love me?" I replied again in a whisper, and he answered me by bringing my head to his, and kissing me. It was a perfect and blissful moment, that couldn't be any better... Until Rose the caregiver walked in.

"I see that you are well again Dimitri. We no longer need to care for you here, as I can see that Emily will give you all the care you need." She said as she started to blush at the sight of us kissing. Then she suddenly turned cold "Oh, and your headmaster called. You have no further reason to stay in Diamond City, so you must leave by nightfall. You cannot stay any more nights, and the headmaster cannot send guards to take you home, so this will be your own little test. You must make it back to your school your own way, but we will provide a bow and arrow set for the little lady here, since she is so good with these weapons."

Dimitri looked puzzled for a while, probably planning ways for us to get home, than looked somewhat relieved.

"You realize I can fly now, Emily." He said slowly

"That will help I guess. But it'll take a long time to get back, about two full moon rotations. You can't fly the whole way." I replied, happy that I was getting the chance to show off my brilliantness for the first time since he woke up.

"At least you get a bow, that'll help." He stated as he slid an arm around my shoulders

I blushed "I'm not that good..."

"Of course you are!" he said quickly back at me, eyes widened, apparently surprised that I had said that

"We should go get ready to leave, Dimitri. I have a feeling that we are going to need a lot of supplies..." I said as I looked at Rose "Do you know a place that we can get backpacks? We need to be able to bring items with us."

Dimitri and I looked expectantly at Rose, and then Rose sighed and started to tell us of the many different shops in Diamond City that supply adventuring items.

A couple of hours later, when we had finished our shopping and 'preparing' (actually, it was more like us telling each other how long we have like the other person, and a mix of kissing in between) we started to head for the exit out of Diamond City. We said our goodbyes, and headed on our way, ready to face anything.

"Dimitri, do you want to fly the first half, or second half of the trip?" I asked him as we were walking through the forest, my bow ready to attack the next evil thing that crossed our path

"Hmm.... First half. Here, jump on my back alright?" He said as he knelt down so I could cling onto him in between his wings. He then gave a grunt, and started to pump his wings, gaining altitude with each stroke.

We passed over many different trees, and valleys, stopping only when he needed a break. I would move my position so that my arms would either be around his majorly hot abs, or around his neck. About halfway through flight, a bunch of seagulls, yes seagulls, started to peck and attack us. They took their wings and batted them up against us, making flight uneven and really akward.

"Okay, I am getting really pissed off at these birds. I said as I reached for my bow, ready to fire at the next bird who dared come close. I thought they had gotten the message, since they quickly flew away, again making our path clear.

"Nice." Dimitri said as I placed my bow carefully back into my rucksack.

"Why thank you!"I said, laughing about what we had been through so far.

When we thought we had gone about halfway, Dimitri gracefully touched down on the ground, and I hopped off of him, only to find that my legs felt like jelly because of all the hours of sitting still and holding on while Dimitri flew.

Dimitri seemed to be tired too, because when he was done flying, he sat down and leaned against a nearby tree.

"Okay. We need a game plan. I say we make camp right here, and wait 'till morning to keep walking. I will go shoot us a nice fat animal to eat, and you will make a fire, alright?" I stated in my bossiest voice

Dimitri was obviously frustrated that the man in the relationship wasn't doing the hunting, but I was the one with the bow, and he was obviously tired.

"Fine by me." He said quickly, noticing that I was watching him, making sure that he was alright with the plan

I then started by running into the forest, making landmarks of where I've been along the way. I had gotten a lot of bruises and scratches from tree branches that reach down like fingers, trying to clutch at me. I than heard the sound of footsteps, breaking twigs and crunching old leaves as they went. I followed the sound until I saw a large wild turkey, sauntering through the wild, completely unaware that I was behind him.

I raised my bow, and shot straight through the turkey's breastbone, making him die instantly. I kinda felt bad about killing another living thing, but then I heard the low rumbling of my stomach and just told myself it was like any other thanksgiving dinner.

As I was making my way back to camp, I heard a faint noise coming from the bushes. I raised my bow, and pushed aside the bush to find a little kitten! It was mewing softly, and it looked like it was dying of hunger. I placed my bow back in my pack and started to pick up the kitten in my arms, rocking it gently back and forth. Awwwww! I thought.

"I am going to name you.......Nocturna. Who's a cute little kitten? You are! Yes you are!" I cooed as I trotted back towards camp

As I saw the heavenly plumes of smoke rising above the tree tops, I knew that I was almost back at camp. I hurried in to show Dimitri the kitten with a broad smile on my face.

Holding the kitten outstretched in my arms I said "Dimitri!! Dimitri. Look what I found! It's a kitten! Dimitri?"

Dimitri was gone.