Ch. 3 Who'd Want a Freak?

I can't think of a way to ease Lennox's mind about my  weakness. When he pulls up to the school I wait to be dismissed. "You will contact me immediately if you're harassed in any way. If any males act or say anything to you that I would deem inappropriate, remember their name and what they look like."

He doesn't wait for a reply. He opens the door and comes to my side to lift me out. When I'm standing in front of him he doesn't say anything just walks back to his side of the truck and leaves. I start up the steps of the school. I see people looking at me today, and I instantly wish it was yesterday. I keep my head down and walk to my first class. I'm the only person here so I pick a desk in the back corner and look out the window.

"Hello, beautiful." I hear from beside me and look at a guy my age with wide shoulders and three of his smirking friends.

"Hi." I reply.

"You're Jocelyn?"

"Yeah."

"I'm Adam. This is Geo, Luke and Jeremy." He points to each of his friends in turn.

"Nice to meet you." I reply.

He sits down next to me. "There are lot of rumors going around about you and Alpha Hall."

I look at him interested. "Rumors?"

"Yeah, your sister said you disrespected him and he ordered everyone to stay away from you as punishment. And he won't let you run with anyone, that you're viewed as too weak." He states, not at all sorry for his honestly.

"Yeah. That's true, but I apologized."

"Why did he bring you to school?"

I shrug. "Marta was still eating breakfast when I wanted to leave, so he dropped me off." I answer, getting attention from
all the girls. For some reason they're all glaring at me.

"Don't worry. I got your back. Some of the girls in this school will be out for your blood." He whispers.

Shocked, I look at him. "Why?"

"Well, because you got extra attention from the Alpha." He scoffs.

I roll my eyes. "Like I can help the fact he views me as the weak link in his pack. He treats me like I'm going to break."

He chuckles and a girl in the front of the class turns towards me. "You make the whole pack look bad. I don't know why he's letting you stay. I heard he wants to keep the males away from you because he doesn't want someone like you
reproducing such weak pups in his pack."

I flinch from the brutal truth. Is that what he was saying this morning? To tell him if I interest any guys so he could put a stop to it. Making sure no one chooses to mate with me.

"Yeah, that rumor is true, too." I whisper sadly. "He said that this morning." I confirm.

"Well, I think he's being a dick." Adam says, giving me a small one arm hug.

    I smile as the teacher comes in to start class. After class I walk down the halls. Some people whisper behind their hands and others openly laugh at me. I'm the joke, the pathetic weakling who the Alpha doesn't want contaminating his or anyone else's gene pool.

"Hey there." I hear someone say and put their arm around me. "If you need a shoulder to cry on, I'm your man."

"Jason!" I see a pissed off girl yell.

"What? I'm done with you! I want to know what a girl this small feels like. You in?" He asks, seriously. He looks me up and down making me feel uncomfortable.