Chapter five: The King Who Loves His Queen

Still Kyle’s P.O.V.

We were almost at my house when a loud howl erupted in the air, making all of our ears browse the area for the unknown wolf.

It was a rogue, he had entered our territory only a day before he attacked Jenn, I hated him and wanted him captured, but we couldn’t go after him as wolves since we would attract to much attention from the hunters and we had a more important task to fulfill, making sure Jenn, the queen and my mate, was safe. I felt her move a bit on my back and steadied myself so she wouldn’t fall. My pack immediately helped me, they supported her legs and arms and positioned them so that she wouldn’t fall and making she her leg wouldn’t get injured any worse than it already had. I felt responsible for what had happened, if I hadn’t smelled the wolf and gone to investigate the teacher would’ve asked me to go to the shed and Jenn wouldn’t have been injured. I shook the thought out of my mind, it wouldn’t do any good to think about it now.

Another howl, closer this time, erupted and I ordered two of the pack to hunt him down and bring him to me alive. So I could question him and slowly kill him myself. Jenn sighed and I felt all my worries and anger disappear. She was like green paddocks and waterfalls to my mind, extremely calming just by being there.  The mansion was in sight and I ran faster, I howled to alarm my mother and father. My mother was the doctor of our pack, she would know how to take care of Jenn. My mother came running out of the house, surprised by my howl and when she saw Jenn lying, unconscious on my back tears started streaming down her cheeks, probably assuming her to be dead. I shook my head and the tears turned into tears of joy.

The years away from Jenn had been hard on me, but also on my mother. My mother had considered Jenn her daughter and to not be allowed to see her was as good as dying for her. I knew she loved her and was confident she would do anything to make sure she got better.

I saw my father coming out with the little limp he had gained long ago, I couldn’t remember when but right after that moment I was named king. He saw Jenn and horror struck his face but my mother reassured him with just one look. My father’s face relaxed as much as it could. I stopped in front of them and growled to my father, not as in angry but to inform him he had to take her. He picked her up from my back and cradled her to his chest. My mother stood next to him and whipped her hair out of her eyes. My father looked down at her as if she was his new born daughter. That was the first time I saw that my father also cared for Jenn deeply. My mother and father walked into the house with her and I followed in my wolf form. They brought her to my room and handed my some clothes. To respect my mother –she didn’t like naked guys running around her house- I went into the bathroom to change and put some clothes on. When I came back out my mother held her hand in front of my eyes and pushed me out of my own room.

“Her legs are exposed, I’m not letting you see anything of the sort without her permission.” She said with a threatening tone. My mother was so sweet. I, of course was curious as to how her body looked, but I agreed that I only wanted to see it when she allowed me to. I would never force her to fulfill my own needs, that would be disgusting. (A/N:Girls who read this, make sure your boyfriend feels the same, never let ANYONE force you to do something you don’t want to do. If they do they’re not worth to even look at you!)

I sat in the hall with my ear against my door to hear what my mother was doing. My father stood next to me also with his ear against the door.

“Oh dear!” My mother cried out. I jumped up and wanted to storm in. “Don’t you dare Kyle Quinten Philip Nickelson!” She yelled.

“What’s wrong?” I asked.

“She is covered in scars, quick bring me warm water and a lot of towels, sweet please get my doctors kit and all the stitching yarn you can find!”  She ordered me and my dad. We both stared running around the house as fast as we could.