Chapter 5- Wedding (2)

• Dedicated to my awesome Wattpad friends

"The Billion-Dollar Marriage Contract" by Alyssa Urbano is available internationally through: Amazon, Kindle, Smashwords, CreateSpace, Barnes and Noble, Nook, Itunes/Ibooks.

For the Philippines, printing is per batch. You can pre-order and the books will be shipped to you.

Full details and links are on my blog: http://aerithsage.tumblr.com/tbdmc

*****************************************************

CHAPTER 5- WEDDING (Part 2)

******************************************************

Mrs. Cassia Demakis...

She stifled a giggle at the thought and concentrated on staring ahead of her while her grandfather bristled with impatience at her side. They were still maintaining the act that they were a happy family and Costas was going to give her away at her own wedding.

Cassia waited and waited but the doors still did not open. A few more minutes passed and a shiver of unease slid down her spine.

Suddenly, Cassia saw Antonio exit the room. He looked flushed and his face was pale. And by his frazzled appearance, Cassia immediately knew that something was wrong. Nikos’ friend never lost control and he was always as immaculate as possible.

Yet right now, he looked as if he was on the verge of panic.

“What happened, Velez?” Costas hissed.

Antonio looked up and, for a moment, his gaze landed on Cassia. For a moment, he appeared stunned. Costas repeated the question but Antonio acted as if he did not hear it. Costas repeated the question for the third time and this time he was shouting. That seemed to snap Antonio out of whatever trance he was in.

He ran his fingers through his hair.

“There’s a problem. But I am already taking care of it,” Antonio answered. But when he said this, he was looking at Cassia and not at Costas who asked the question.

“What is it?!” Costas bellowed.

Antonio shrugged and then moved closer to Cassia. “I don’t know what happened but someone might have spiked Nikos’ drink before the wedding. He is now very intoxicated. Please give me some time to fix this,” he answered.

Before Costas could reply or ask more questions, Antonio was gone.

“This is your entire fault!” Costas hissed at Cassia.

“How is this my fault?!” Cassia cried out in despair before she was able to stop herself. Her hands shook too much because of her wedding jitters. Furthermore, to find out that her groom was drunk was like a big blow to her ego.

“You insolent brat! Lower your tone! This is your fault! It’s because of you that your groom has got himself drunk! He does not want to marry someone like you! A half-greek, half American bastard who grew up in the slums!”

Anna gasped and Costas glared at her and then inclined his head to the side.

“You want to know the truth? Nikos never wanted to marry you! I got him to do it so that they will not lose their company! I offered them the merger in exchange for marrying you! And I did it because I wanted revenge on his family. I want him to suffer. A man like him will definitely suffer with a bride like you! One day maybe he’ll hit you because of his anger or maybe he’d go to his mistresses! Either way, that’s grounds for divorce and he’ll be at fault! Then Stavros Demakis will surely die knowing that it was his precious grandson who lost him everything!”