I think they are wrong

I plopped down on the bench in the courtyard with a frustrated growl, my entire body seeming to buzz with anger over what had just happened.

“So, do you come here often…or just when you are upset?” I whipped my head around to see Josh and rolled my eyes in annoyance as he made his way around the bench and took a seat beside me. “What’s wrong?”

“This is all YOUR fault you know,” I said turning a glare toward Josh.

“Ok,” Josh said, making no point to argue but simply accepting my accusation.

“You and that stupid sexual spanking comment of yours has provoked every immature boy here at Chilton to tease me relentlessly and I just got berated by Matt because of it as well,” I sneered still irritated.

“I’m sorry, I wasn’t trying to make you uncomfortable or cause you to get teased. I was simply debating my side as instructed,” Josh explained, “I get the immature boys teasing you about it, but why would Matt berate you over it?”

“Apparently he has been receiving just as many snide comments as I have and doesn’t appreciate being asked by random guys if I like my hair pulled when I’m being spanked,” I retorted. “OH and APPPARENTLY he is under the impression that I am somehow five years old and he can just scold me like a child…publicly I might add, he made a spectacle of it in the main corridor.”

“So what did you say?” Josh questioned cocking a brow.

“I told him that he wouldn’t have to worry about the questions anymore because we were done,” I said simply before letting out a sigh of frustration. Josh’s jaw nearly dropped.

“Are you serious?” he questioned sounding shocked.

“Do I sound like I am kidding?”

“Well, that was a lot simpler than I thought it would be,” Josh said with a smirk, I immediately threw eye daggers in his direction. “It’s a joke, I was joking.” I rolled my eyes in frustration.

“Yea, well, I am fucking sick and tired of being the subject of everyones jokes today. I am sick of this school and its immature boys.” I spat growing more heated by the moment.

“So let’s leave,” Josh said simply, my head shot up at his nonchalant attitude toward my seemingly massively hellish day.

“We only have twenty more minutes for lunch,” I said shooting him down.

“So?” Josh questioned not finding my argument valid, “haven’t you ever skipped before?”

“No,” I said simply, he cocked a brow at me in shock.

“Never?”

“Never,” I repeated, now suddenly finding myself contemplating his suggestion.

“It’s up to you,” Josh said with a shrug.

Grabbing my backpack and throwing it over my shoulder I stood from the bench, “Let’s go.”

Josh cocked a brow, a smirk playing on his lips, “look at you Miss Badass.”

“Mmmmhmmm…start walkin' before I change my mind,” I said taking off across the grounds, Josh directly in tow.

“So where is it we are going exactly?” Josh asked keeping pace beside me as we stepped off campus.

I shrugged, I didn’t have a clue what one would do while skipping school seeing as how this was my first time. “I dunno, where do you want to go?”

“I dunno,” Josh mimicked, “what is there to do here?”

“During the day?” I questioned, “I dunno.”