Chapter Sixteen

Better Than Revenge 

Chapter 16

“Now, I know this is last minute, but The John Stavros Show called and they want you on the show on Friday,” Lily told me as I had my hair and makeup done before shooting for Kidnap My Heart was to commence. It was a few days after my confrontation with Frank and I was still as angry about it as ever. 

I didn’t mention any of what had happened with Christian and Frank to anyone and I basically acted as if it had never happened. I made the decision to do that as soon as I left Christian’s house. I hadn’t known what my revenge would be, exactly, but I had known that for it for it to work, I would have to make them forget all about the confrontation. 

Their reactions were quite funny, actually. For the next two days after the confrontation, they both eyed me warily, as if I was a ticking time bomb that was ready to explode. They underestimated me, clearly. They thought I was like every other girl they had ever encountered. Most girls either pouted or exploded within the first few days. Not me. I found it was better to wait until the time was right and then strike. 

They were also sickeningly nice to me. It made me want to barf. 

For example, when I blurted out that I wanted a bottle of water two days ago during filming, Frank jumped up and said, “Let me get that for you, Sophia!” 

I gave him a weird look and said I could get it myself but he insisted. 

That was when I knew something was weird. It didn’t take me very long at all to realize that Frank was trying to recompense for what did. He wanted to keep me content; he was scared of what I might do. 

This made me very, very happy, as you could probably guess. He wasn’t so high and mighty after all. 

So I just kept pretending nothing was wrong. 

“I don’t have to go on with Christian this time, do I?” I asked, cursing when the makeup lady nearly poked my eye out. 

Lily shook her head immediately. “Oh, no. That is not happening again any time soon. That was a disaster.” 

I grinned at the memory. At the moment, I thought it was the worst thing that had ever happened to me, but now, I thought it was hilarious. “We told you it wouldn’t end well.” 

“Which is why it’s not happening again,” she said, shaking her head again. “What do you say? Are you up for it?”

I shrugged, making the girl who was doing my hair glare at me. “Yeah, sure.”

Lily smiled. “Good, because I already said yes.” 

I rolled my eyes. “Thanks for discussing it with me.” 

“I assumed you would say yes when I told you Christian isn’t involved,” she said with a shrug.

Oh, but if she thought Christian wouldn’t be involved in some way, she was crazy. I knew John Stavros was bound to ask a question about Christian. I would just have to find a way to deal with it. 

“All done,” the makeup artist said with a beam. 

I glanced in the mirror and nodded my appreciation. “Thanks, Cel. Awesome job, as always.”

She smiled happily at me. “Thanks, Soph!” 

I sat in the chair for another five minutes while the girl who was doing my hair finished. “Voila! I’m finished.” 

She might have gotten on my nerves occasionally, but she was great at her job. “Thanks, Cat, it looks great!” 

She couldn’t help but smile. “Thank you.”