Chapter Thirteen

Hours turned into days, days turned into weeks. Every day, was worse than the day before.  My whole body was covered in dark purple and blue bruises. When I lie there thinking I’m okay, the nauseating and breathless feeling comes over me and I black out. I am mentally tired of getting the crap beat out of me just because of jealousy. Sure, I may not be a very good person, but I am human and I hurt a lot more than people think I do. Apparently, I bruise easily too.

I lie on the floor. I’m afraid to move any muscle in my body and breathe. It hurts too much and now it seems like anything I do, I get beat up more than ever. I’m waiting. Waiting for them to come and make my life more torture. They seem to find words that tear me up inside and I cry. All the time, I wonder to myself, what happened to the fearless Aimee Donald I became. What happened to her and why did she leave a crappy-self behind. I also wonder what happened to Ash and Slash. They just sort of came out of nowhere and said they needed to protect me, but why aren’t they coming for me now?

I lie here waiting to black out only it never comes. Instead my backdoor flying open made me jump and I tried to keep quiet. I’m in a corner watching in the shadows of my hiding spot, I found while crawling around last night. I listen to the creaks of wood as, whoever was now in my house, walked around. My heart beat was still. It wasn’t racing like it normally would; instead it was slow and steady. I was quiet that was for sure. I didn’t want whoever was in here to find me.

“Aimee, come out, come out where ever you are.” My throat tightened as I heard the familiar voice calling out to me, Preston. I thought he was my friend at one point. Then again, Leah was my friend too, but look where we are now. He must be here to kill me, to get rid of me already. So everyone will be happy. I’m already useless of myself. I can’t fight back. I am too weak.

“I know where you are. Stop hiding like a good little girl and come out. It will make everything much less painful.” I winced. I don’t know how he knows where I am, but I do believe my hiding will be very costly. Was it worth it though? Giving up my hiding spot for hopes of my murderer to make it easy or staying in comfort until he finds me and getting tortured to death. Did I really want either of them? I didn’t want to die, but anything to stop this pain in my body was maybe worth it. Or not. I didn’t want to die end of story.

“Okay, looks like it will be the hard way.” He said with excitement. All of a sudden, it felt like someone grabbed a hold of my throat and squeezing it, cutting off my air. I tried to make it stop by struggling, but it only made it worse. I wanted to cry out in pain. I wanted to cry out, just to get air into my sore lungs. I felt myself slowly being dragged out of my hiding place and out into an open space in the living room floor. I felt my eyes getting droopy, like I couldn’t keep them open. Then just like that, I was let go and fell on the carpet gulping in air like it was water. I couldn’t get enough of it, but it hurt so much.

Lying on my back again, Preston’s crooked-smile face came into view. He was grinning so much that it kind of scared me.

“Awe, look at you. Poor, defenseless Aimee. What happened to the girl that could beat up anyone? Oh, yeah she’s too weak to even stand on her own. Isn’t that a shame? I did come here to kill your sorry butt for putting my girl and her best friend into misery, but lucky for you I said no. Your time will come eventually, so long as certain people don’t find out and if they get involved. You know who I mean don’t you?” He paused looking at me, the creepy grin still on his face. “If Blade ever found I was doing this right now, my butt would be hanging over his fireplace. He hates me already for reasons and if I kill you,” He bends down closer to me, “he will kill me.” He whispers softly. He starts to trail his hand down my cheek and every bruise he touched, I would gasp in pain. “You’re still beautiful even though these bruises are covering your face. I would so kiss you senseless right now, heck I would even take advantage of you right now, but I’m not. I have a girl in my life and I love her. I did come here though to propose a proposition.” I waited to hear what he had to say.