Photographs & Memories

Old memories from old photographs,

Old lines from old songs,

Old feelings from OLD LOVE...

Was it really an OLD FEELING from an OLD LOVE? Or an UNDYING FEELING for an ENDLESS LOVE...

She was seated at an old rocking chair, breathing the fresh morning air. The colourful rays of the sun blended perfectly with the cloud, as the sun rose beautifully as if promising a new beginning. Served with hot milk and a two-piece of pancakes, old memories came rushing in.

She remembered her old love...

She remembered their breakfasts together where they shared milk and ate the most delicious pancakes with the sweetest syrup.  She stared at the breakfast served for her and her hand held on a book beside it. She turned its pages and looked at a dedication only for her. The note is so short that it will not even take a minute to finish it, but the effect of the one who wrote the note, took all her lifetime to make her heart forget about him, yet she still failed. She didn’t succeed in forgetting the only man she truly loved.

And at the sunset of her life, she took the old photo she kept for years. Looked at it, curved a smile, traced the contours of the face of the man she’s with and shed another tear. She hummed an old line from an old song she remembered he sang for her, and wished that he’ll suddenly appear before her eyes.

Then she asked herself questions:

“Why can’t I forget you?”

“Is this the forever you’re talking about before?”

“Why did you promised to love me then left me with a broken heart?”

“Why do I still love you?”

---

Then her heart answered:

“I can’t forget you because you are a permanent part of me.”

“I believed in forever because I told you, I’ll keep you in my heart forever and I don’t have the heart to break that promise.”

“I understand that you don’t really mean to leave me with a broken heart. Don’t worry I don’t blame you for that.”

“Because I just do...I still love you...”

At the dawn of her life, she didn’t regret making him part of it. And loving him endlessly...What she regretted is the fact that she loved him more than she loved herself that she lost her own and then she lost him.

Nonetheless, being with him was the happiest moment of her life. She hoped that wherever he is right now, he would see her, though happy, she still misses him dearly. Her love for him sees no boundaries on time and state. She took the photograph, held it, kissed it and put it near her heart and utter words of love...

“I love you still...beyond time and beyond life...I pray to see you soon and hug you tight and make you feel my heart that beats only for you...”

Then she closed her eyes, another tear rolled...

“Thank you God for making him love me...”

Then she gasped her last breath.

And as if, the birds knew her death, the chirping sound stopped and they flew over her and dropped few white petals from a new bloomed flower.

She may have died that miraculous morning, but her undying love for him did not die with her. The old photograph was kept by her family reminding them of the endless love she had for him, the love of their old aunt to her only love. The only man who called her by name...