Born Of Fire Chapter 44

Hi everyone! I finished both Mw3, and Eragon: Inheritance! And both were awesome!!! I am a little angry at the developers of Mw3, considering that they killed my favorite character, but it was a great game nonetheless. And Inheritance was freaking amazing! LauraClark, you definately need to read it, like ASAP!

Okay, down to business! Since everyone is doing such a good job of voting, I am gonna up the challenge a bit. 60 votes, and I will upload straight away. I will upload in one week whether I hit that many or not, but I would rather upload tomorrow! Lol, I crack myself up sometimes...

Enjoy!!!!!

Phoenix laughed, a deep, throaty laugh, then once again, white streaks exploded behind his eyes, and he collapsed to the bed of leaves. The last the he saw was Lindani leaning over him, then he felt Spedro’s strong arms lifting him from the ground. Blackness overtook him, and he dropped into a deep slumber.

Phoenix awoke, a strange vibration running through his body. Sitting up, he noticed the light streaming in through the tent flap, and saw by the soft orange glow that it must be late in the evening. He had been unconscious a full night and day. He looked around briefly for his mate, but she was not there. The vibration was still running through his body, and he lay back down and closed his eyes, turning inward. The vibration felt as though it were emanating from the very marrow of his bones, and his mind was more aware. How this was, he did not know, it just was.

He felt around in his mind, sifting through the knowledge and memories stored there to find the source of this vibration when his attention was pulled to the outside of the tent. An ant hill just outside was alive with action, the ants within scurrying through the tunnels within with a fury akin to an army. He could feel when each separate foot of each separate ant touched the ground, and could track their movements through that.

The army of ants poured from their hill, and Phoenix’s attention was pulled to no more than twenty feet away, where another army of ants was advancing on the first. The two armies clashed together, and many ants fell, unmoving. For minutes Phoenix watched through his mind’s eye, imagining the battle between the two colonies.

Pulling his attention away from the battle, Phoenix shifted his mind through the earth, finding the footfalls of Lindani as she walked into his range of sense. He knew it was her by her weight, and he marveled at his new ability. She came to the camp, and sat by a fire with Spedro and Ember, dropping two small objects to the ground before seating herself.

Rising to his feet, he opened his eyes and strode out into the light, surprising the three around the fire. The scenery that surrounded the camp was not the same as before, and he deduced that they had moved camp while he slumbered, in case their attackers had left a spy that could tell their location. Spedro was the first to see him, and simply raised a questioning eyebrow. Phoenix nodded back, assuring his friend that he was fine.

Lindani turned to see what Spedro was looking at, and spied him standing in the waning sunlight, then jumped up and threw her arms around his neck, planting kisses on his jaw line. “How are you feeling? You worried me.”

Ember was next to rise, pulling her brother into a hug when Lindani released him. “Are you okay?”