Chapter = 18

I am so sorry for the delay..but the thing is that my laptop died on me.. yes my little box of joy is sick because of some internet virus.. so I borrowed my brother’s laptop to complete this chapter..Big mistake.. the ‘r’ key of the keyboard is not working and I have to copy paste the letter every time..so please don’t be upset if this chapter is short. It was really difficult for me to type like that. Anyways let’s hope that I get my laptop back soon… So, for now read and enjoy this one. :)

>lots of love and hugs<

-dreamer37 (Shine Hope)

Chapter = 18

Damien’s eyes snapped open at the sound of a fox howling in the distance. His blurry vision cleared finally after blinking his eyes several times. The first thing he noticed was the trees, hovering over him trying to block the intense rays of sun but still a few managed to pierce through the leaves, lighting his surroundings. He was lying on the forest ground on his back, staring off into the vast sky, visible through the leaves. His senses cleared more and he realized that his muscles were sore. His gums were aching and his mouth felt dry. He coughed a bit and stood up from the uncomfortable position.

His whole body was covered in dirt and dry leaves. His shoulder blade was itching, more like faint tingling. A wave of dizziness hit him and he swayed a bit, but it was gone as soon as it came. Without giving much thought about his nakedness he slowly started walking towards the place he called home.

The itching on his shoulder blade worsened as he reached the garage. He walked to his car and grabbed the cargo shorts lying on the backseat and pulled them on to cover himself. He felt nasty and itchy all over and wanted nothing more than to take a long warm bath. Spotting his house in the distance, he increased his pace as the urge to get rid of all the dirt from his body became stronger.

He blindly walked inside the castle without bothering to take notice of his surroundings. As his footsteps echoed though the house his maid appeared from the kitchen and the butler emerged from behind him. They stood there taking in his appearance, making him feel even dirtier.

“Where have you been? Mrs. Faulkner has been worried sick about you.” Samuel said stepping in front of Damien.

Damien ignored him and pushed past him making his way towards the stairs.

“It’s been almost a week, Damien. Where were you?” Samuel asked again placing his hand on his shoulder.

“It’s none of your business.” He hissed and shrugged off Samuel’s hand.

The itching on Damien’s shoulder worsened as if someone was scraping his skin with a knife. The need to take shower increased as well so he started making his way upstairs. He was half-way up the stairs when Samuel called out his name again.

“Damien, what’s that on your shoulder blade?” Samuel’s words stopped him from walking any further and he turned towards him in confusion.

Samuel walked towards where he was standing. He turned him around trying to get a closer look at his shoulder.

Damien’s whole body stiffened when Samuel touched the itching part of his shoulder. After that all he heard was Samuel’s gasp.

Damien tuned around to face Samuel, who stared at him in pure horror. Damien could feel the thick waves of tension coming off of him as he stepped away from him as if burnt by his mere presence.

“He marked her!” Samuel yelled turning his face towards Mrs. Faulkner, who stood in the corner with calm expressions on her face.

“You marked her!” Samuel boomed pointing an accusing finger towards Damien, making anger pump into his veins, throughout his body.