I wasn't judging him- well in a way I was, but I still thought it was sort of sweet. At the same time this was Clay we were talking about, there had to be some ulterior motive to this "teddy bear" and I'm not going to buy the act of sympathy.

"Its none of your business why I have one in my bed," he replied harshly and then proceeded to close his eyes.

"Quite the charmer." I mumbled.

"What?!"

"I was just...singing! Memories...oh memories!" I wailed.

I could hear him groaning at the sound of my singing and I laughed to myself. I sprayed my pillow one last time before setting the bottle on the nightstand and then snuggling into bed.

My hair was still wet and stuck to my neck since I had just taken a shower but I sighed as the bed molded into my shape. This bed was so comfortable and the lavender was taking me into a deep sleep. It takes about seven minutes for the average human being to fall asleep- unless you have insomnia, but it felt like mere seconds before my eyelids were closing. I drifted off into a dreamless sleep with a content smile on my face.

***

I woke up to the sound of a bang. I wasn't sure where it was coming from, but I was jostled awake by the sound of it. Stupid lavender! I was suppose to sleep soundly.

It's just a little bang, go back to bed, it was probably nothing!

Yep, I'm just going to reassure myself that nothing is happening...

I tried to close my eyes once more and tried to think good thoughts, happy reassuring thoughts that didn't have anything to do with the mysterious sounds that I was hearing-

Bang!

Dear Lord!

I couldn't sleep anymore, something was going on. I didn't understand how Clay was sleeping through this, but I had to check out the noise. I wouldn't be able to fall asleep until I did.

Hopefully the security here is top notch because those huge windows just scream: Break into me! I hold expensive possessions!

There was a baseball bat hanging on the wall just above Clay's bed and I was going to make a reach for it. Something was telling me that that noise downstairs wasn't just a good little playful noise of someone getting a bite to eat. How could someone making themselves food at the middle of the night be that loud? This place was huge, so either the noise was closer than I expected or someone was knocking over some prestigious statue that cost double my grandfather's life savings.

I quietly walked over to Clay's bed, making haste. I was going to slowly climb onto his bed and try to grab the baseball bat down. Hopefully he's a heavy sleeper. But if he's slept through all of that noise, I have no doubt in my mind that he will sleep through my struggle for a weapon.

It took a little bit of effort to get onto his bed without making much noise, but I managed to get up there with a little bit of ease and my dignity still intact. But the fact that I'm getting a signed baseball bat from the wall hanging above his head just to face the threat downstairs sort of strips any kind of dignity that I thought I had.

"Mmmm." Clay said as the bed wobbled underneath my toes. I stood on my tiptoes trying to grab the baseball bat, it was a little too high up for my reaching but I was making good progress- well in my own mind I was.

"Mmmm!" Clay hummed even louder as I accidentally stepped on his shoulder.

"Oops." I whispered and tried to hide my smile even if he is in deep slumber.