Voices have faces

I must have drifted off to sleep because I awoke with my head phones still blasting in my ear. I turned off my iPod and looked over at the clock, it was only 4:30 in the morning.

Great, now I'll never be able to fall back asleep. Might as well do something productive, so I start unpacking.

After I was finishing up my last box of books I heard a noise coming from downstairs. I looked over at the clock and saw it read 6:10.

I decided to check out the source of the noise, thinking it was just my parents bumbling around. I was completely wrong...

As I walked down the long hallway to the staircase I couldn't help but notice the creaking floor boards. Each one of my foot steps sounded louder as I made it down the stairs. I got to the main floor but no lights were on and the only light was from the stain glass windows lining the walls.

The noise started up again but this time it sounded more like screaming than anything else. It got louder and clearer as I kept walking through the grand foyer but abruptly stopped when I made it to the door of the basement.

I decided I make it this far why the hell not go into the creepy basement I'm hearing noises from, but hey what's different from any other day.

I switch on the light which turns on a flickering bulb dangling from the ceiling.

"Hello?" I say loud enough to echo off the cement walls.

"Hello," says a sickeningly pleased voice. But it wasn't just any voice it was a voice I could never forget, even if I tried.

I wiped around to find a blond haired boy standing on the top of the stairs with a smirk planted on his face. Those eyes and that smirk, I knew them too well.

"You're the boy from..." before I could finish he cut me off with a laugh that could make the devil cringe.

"What's your name?" Of course I already knew the answer, Tate Langdon. He's the one that shot up the school then was gunned down by police in his own home, he was all over the news for at least a good year after the shooting happened.

"Why don't you ask me a question you don't know the answer to?" he said his voices sounding almost bored. I took a minute but the got one that would really entertain him.

"Okay, how about, how the fuck are you still alive?" I asked still not moving from my spot on the steps.

"That you will have to find out later, right now you dad is coming down stairs to get ready for his first appointment." He said with a smirk playing on his face.

Just when I was about to respond the flickering light cut off completely leaving Tate and I in the dark. Right when I was about to run back up the stairs away from the darkness of the basement, the lights flickered back in and Tate was gone.

Great, just when I thought I was finally normal the voices come back and now this. I made my way upstairs to find my dad closing his office door.

Now I have to deal with my lack of sanity, seeing things I shouldn't see, the non stop voices in my head, and now there's gonna be another loony walking around the house. Not to mention where ever Tate went and why I want to know so badly. I should be happy he's gone and hope he doesn't come back... but then again I'm not normal.