Black Heart

Beating as like a drum, boom, boom, boom; in a constant rhythm

This heart seems to be perfect without flaw physically, but little did the heart know that is could be changed in a matter of minutes emotionally.

The owner of this heart just went through heart break for the umpteenth time and can no longer take being patched back up after being reopened, very harshly.

As she is walking not even attempting to fix what’s been broken before, she stumbles upon, a lady willing to make her heart as stone and iron, never to be used or broken again.

Upon hearing that offer, something clicks, like when a light bulb is turned on, she would not have to go through this crap ever again, so asked the down side to it.

What was said shocked her so much, she staggered when she the negative affect to this problem solver for her; the side effect to it is her heart will turn the color of coal: Black.

The witch said it could cause health issues, which most people would not want to deal with, but the girl knew with all the pain that her heart put her through emotionally and mentally, that she could handle a little physically easily.

So the witch started with the spell, having the girl lie down on a nasty looking bench, and spread her arms and legs, then the witch place a vulture leg bone on the area where the girl’s heart is and spoke saying ‘So as the soul is colored, make this heart feel the colors coming from within, Great Spirit of Death, grant this mortal soul the heart of death, the black heart,’ then she screamed ‘Spirit Death create Black Heart’.

As the girl heard all of this she felt stream of black liquid flow down her chest, stopping below her breast, and then she had a feeling that she was no longer alive, because at that point she was hovering over her body, and what she saw was awful, her body was all black, and where her heart was there was a huge hole there. As she looked around still hovering over her body, she saw the witch dipping her heart in a vat of swirl black and white gunk. Then all of a sudden, it felt like she was being forced back into her body.

As she woke up, she realized that she felt like she never did before, as thought of the pain, where the usual burning feeling she would get, was now a feeling of sweetness, like when you first conqueror a fear that been plaguing you since you can remember.

She thanked the witch, and walked out. She set out to conqueror all that pain that she could no longer feel, and reminds the things that caused it that it would never happen again. In this quest, the girl allowed it to consume her time and energy, which tells that she had a lot of ‘heart pain’; so much so that her black heart was so used that she experienced the wrenched pain that the witch was talking about, and because she had so much pain from the heart, the blackness took over and eventually killed her.

One day the first man that caused her pain, came back to see her, and realized as he saw her that she was dead, but written in elegant ink across her heart in small letters, was this ‘This heart was broken, battered, misused, and abused; it could not take anymore, the Spirit Death came and gave it relief, that which was beating red, now beats Black, the symbol of no feeling ‘death’, no longer can anything or anyone pain this vessel. It is known now as “The Girl with the Black Heart”!