Getting to Know Her

This place was different. Not a good kind of different. This place had no colour everything was either black, white, or grey. Depressing.

"This is Quod mundus manes," she smiled as she formed back into a transparent ghost. "That means The World of Ghosts in Latin."

"Why is it so depressing here?"

"What do you expect? Colours express happiness, and feeling, when ghosts don't even feel anything. we're dead, why would we be happy?"

"How did you die?" I asked with uncertanty, she laughed

"Oh." she chuckled, I don't know why," That bring back memories." She lifted her ginger hair so I could look at the back of her neck, it had the deepest scratch from her neck that looked like it when down to her waist. " do you want my full story."

"Alright, but I still don't know your name." she laughed again, gosh I love her laugh.

"My name is Marilyn," she looked at me frusturated, like she was antsy to get on with her death story," Can I tell my story now?" i was right, she was antsy.

"Of course, go ahead."

"How do I start? Well I was on a date with my boyfriend, Jacob. First, I guess i'll have to tell you I wasn't the best person on earth. Back to the date, we were on a mountain having a picnic, watching the view of our wonderful city. I knew I had to tell him the truth that I had cheated on him. The butterflies were kicking at my stomach. He was in the middle on a conversation when I butted in 'Jacob, i have to tell you somthing'

'What is it, Marilyn?'

'First of all, I am really sorry for this.'

'Will you stop appologizing and tell me what happened?'

'I cheated on you with Aiden, I'm so sorry-'

'You what!?'

'I'm so sorry, I didn't know what I was thinking.

Jacob had a very angry temper, he wasn't afria to hit a girl, and he did. He stood up, as did I and he grabbed me by the neck and walked me to the edge.

'You asked for it' he whispered and he puched me off the edge. this scratch is when i hit the cliff on my way to the ground, and I died. Thats how my life came to an end, i made the biggest mistake of my life, litterally."

"That jerk!" I whispered  under my breath, but she heard. I was hoping she didn't hear me, maybe she still had feelings for him, but i doubted it, he killed her,

"Exactly!" she yelled,"Well we aren't here for me to talk on and on about my death, I'm here to talk to the Praesent spiritum, the Ghost President. I need to talk to him to know what to do with you. Unum secundum. Wait here"