Mute.

I HOPE YOU LIKE THIS. :) X

AND HAPPY BLATED BIRTHDAY. ^ 

(CAITLIN'S POV)

"C'mon honey, it's not that bad! At least you get to meet new friends today! Don't pass up this chance." My mother told me, as she ruffled my hair.

I sighed. "Mom, nobody in this camp is going to understand sign language.. I'm mute, I can't communicate with anyone."

"You'll never know if you don't try. The bus is going to be here soon, and your bags are already packed. Please, if you go for one week and you really don't like it, then you can come home alright?"

I really didn't want to go, because I was afraid people would judge me, but I can't stand to see my mother so upset. So i gave her a slight nod, making her smile.

"But you promised. If I don't like it there, I get to come back!"

Without another word, we heard a honk outside. I abruptly gathered everything, gave my mom a kiss and headed towards the bus, mentally preparing myself to face a bunch of people, very different from me.

**

"Alright everyone, welcome to camp!" The coach cheered. "I know this may seem lame to all of you because nobody really wants to spent 5 weeks in the wild, trying to avoid wild animals, but I can asure you, that I will make this fun okay? You all have 30 minutes to unpack, then we'll meet up here again!"

As soon as he signaled us to leave, I ran into the room the fastest so I could get the bed in the corner, away from everyone else.

While the entire room was filled with people laughing, greeting each other, and hugging, I buried myself under the blanket and waited for everyone to leave before I follow. But a few moments later, I felt my bed sink, and my covers were ripped away.

"Hey kid, why are you hiding?" The coach asked.

"I don't want to be here."

I used my sign language, and tried to make it clear, however he didn't understand.

"Can you talk to us?"

I shook my head. "I'm mute"

"Kid, waving your hands around isn't going to help you."

Suddenly, I heard a small chuckle.

"Actually dad, she's saying she can't speak. She's mute." A cute, brown haired boy with blue eyes said, emerging from the room next door.

"Oh, how did you know that?"

He smiled. "I learned it from a book. I thought sign language is a pretty cool thing, so I bought a couple books and taught myself!"

"That's really good! I had to learn from an instructor. Took me 2 years to master it."

He laughed. "I'm not that good, the book was just specific." He held out his hand. "I'm Louis by the way. Can you tell me your name?"

I smiled, grabbed a piece of notebook paper and wrote down my name.

Caitlin

"That's a beautiful name!"

"Thank you!"

"You're welcome, alright, so camp starts in 5 minutes, why don't I show you around, and be your translator?"

I quickly nodded and grabbed his hand.

"I'm so glad you can help me, I felt so left out."