Apex Heights University " Lucinda Doves Beginnings"

How does ordinary become extraordinary? What kind of change is required by a seemingly ordinary small town girl. Just eighteen years old with a promising future.

  Raised in her small town in Northern California. Well know as the towns most athletic Valedictorian. If she wasn't so sweet she'd be the envy of all whom know her, but every one adored Lucinda Dove.

   Who could resist that sweet charming, small town country gall from Diamond Springs. No one that's who!  With her cheerful amber eye's, tiny freckled nose, big smile that could lite up the darkest day, and her youthful dimpled cheeks.

   Diamond springs... aah! A simple peaceful place where everyone knew one another on a first name basis. The kinda place where neighbors looked out for each other. Simplicity at it's finest!

Unknowingly this was the town, and Lucinda Dove. She was the girl. The girl that would change the way the World turned forever!

   Lucinda was about to discover the key that would unlock her destiny. A girl who believed she had life all figured out? Never planning to leave her home town? Thinking, to her self, "I've got it all figured out," well she was in for a big surprise!

Some things, can never be so simple. Another World existed for Lucinda. A World outside of the one she knew to be true-reality. Because a prophesy needed fulfilling, and the time was now!!

Splendid shimmers of gold flecks in her amber eye's, peering through the soft pine branches. Lucinda lay on a patch of thick green wild grass looking up at the Summer sky. Strumming her fingers through her silk-like thick, straight, amber hair.

   This was the place she'd go to watch the sunrise every morn, since she could walk. Before the World and all the day would begin. this was Lucinda's place of solis, she would become one with nature, and get lost in time.

For who was there to judge her for what she wore, the blue jay? Who would look up to her for advise, the tree's? Who would ask what did you say, the bubbling brook? No, not a chance. Freedom without judgment, without restrains. Nothing to be done, being who she is, just herself.

"I wonder who put these trees here anyway?"

she recalled the story of Johny Apple seed, a man who went around planting trees everywhere. As she lie she could hear the song of the blue jays, and the bubbling brook beside her. A feeling of conflicting would haunt her when she thought about nature.

"It doesn't seem so random to me, there must be more to it?"

These were thoughts she never shared much. Being raised to listen to her parents, her Sunday school teachers, and so she left it alone.

   Rising to her feet, she brushed the grass and fallen leaves from her knee length, blue denim skirt. Her mind came back to the day she refocused on the present.

"Oh no, the sun is at high noon; my parents will be worried,"

She hadn't noticed how long she'd lay there visiting with the trees. Leaving every morning before sunrise was the norm but Lucinda had always returned before the household had woken.

   Shuffling off with hast towards home, Lucinda stomach soured at the thought of seeing her parents sick with worry.

Quickening her pace, Lucinda tried to imagine what she'd say to set things right. Nothing came to mind. It was a long walk through a deep wooded area, where she would venture. Journeying on the sun was at high noon. Dreading every step she continued on. Pushing through the thicket that lined the roadside at the edge of the wood. She was a small stretch from her driveway end.