5

"I love you, Iris." Zander whispered gently into my ear, as his grip he had on me tightened. I looked into his eyes, shocked at his words. He loved me... He couldn't love me. I could never be worthy of his love.

"You ugly, worthless, disgusting freak!"  Amore, one of the girls from my old pack, yelled in my face.

She was right. They all were. Unwillingly, tears started to stream down my face.

"Baby, what's wrong? I'm sorry, I didn't mean to upset you. I shouldn't have said that..." He stressed, running a hand through his hair. "But I do. I love you so much, it's unreal. I love you. I do." He soothed, wiping away my tears with the pads of his thumbs.

I looked into his eyes to check for any hints of regret or lies. Deep down, I knew he would never lie to me. All I saw in those deep depths of green was love.

Love. An emotion I never thought would occur in my life until I met my mate. My love. My Zander.

Doubt flickered across his face at my lack of answer to his statement. My heart hurt knowing I had caused him to even consider it wasn't mutual. Quickly, I returned my feelings through a kiss. As we broke apart, I breathed "I love you too, so much."

I rested my head on his chest, listening to his heartbeat as I looked around at the glimmering lake in front of us. The trees surrounding it were littered with tiny fairy lights sparkling like stars. After the drama in the pack house, Zander had insisted I followed him somewhere in the woods. He had made me settle into his arms and had carried me the whole way here. I was his "princess" for the night.

Once we arrived he had fed me chocolate covered strawberries and sticks of different vegetables and cheeses. We were then cuddled up together on the blanket, soaking up each other's warmth.

"Do you ever want to have kids?" The question slipped through my lips without me even contemplating it. He makes me feel more comfortable than anyone else in the world, so I don't feel nervous asking him questions.

"Definitely, with you," He whispered, placing a kiss on my temple. I blushed, picturing mini Zanders running around screaming and laughing. I smiled at the thought. "What about you?" He questioned.

I looked at him like he had three heads. "Of course I want babies. Can you imagine? The tiny fingers and toes, chubby cheeks and giggles. If it was a boy it would have your eyes and-" I was cut off by his excited voice.

"You want pups with me?" He asked, with a huge smile plastered onto his face.

"Obviously, you are mine" I playfully growled, biting his bottom lip and tugging it softly.

"Baby, don't do that." He groaned, before rolling on top of me and tickling my sides, his teeth grazing over the area in my neck where he would mark me. I giggled and held onto his wide shoulders, squealing at him to stop. He chuckled into my neck, finally coming to a hault before looking directly into my eyes.

"Can I mark you?" He whispered onto my lips, "I want everyone to know that you're mine

"Can I mark you?" He whispered onto my lips, "I want everyone to know that you're mine.".

I breathed deeply before nodding, hoping that all of the tales that I had been told about how marking hurts was a lie. Zander smiled and pecked my lips before dotting soft kisses down to the area he was going to mark. His teeth grazing it caused shivers to dance down my spine like electrical fingers. All of a sudden, his teeth sunk deep into my flesh.

The pain was overpowered by the pleasure that was racking through my body, and before I could stop it a low moan slipped through my lips. Zander pulled his teeth out and began licking the mark, murmuring sweet comments about me under his breath.

We lay there silently, hugging each other close. I loved the feeling of being in his arms, they encased me like a blanket: warm and comforting.

Slowly, I drifted into a peaceful sleep, the last thing I remembered was feeling a light kiss to my forehead.

-------------<><><><><><><>-------------

I woke up on a soft pillow, feeling a weight around my waist. I snuggled closer to the pillow, wrapping my legs and arms around it, taking in as much comfort as I could.

"Mm, if you wanted a hug you should have just asked," came a gruff voice from the pillow... wait.

Pillows don't talk!?

Without opening my eyes to look at my new talking pillow, I wrapped my thighs tighter around it, trying to get comfortable. I heard a deep groan and my eyes sprung open to see Zander with a pained expression on his face.

I felt something against my thigh and looked down to see a bulge in his pants. Blood instantly rushed to my face, a deep blush covering my cheeks. Quickly, I unwrapped my legs from around him, earning a whimper. I giggled, knowing his wolf had surfaced.

"Sorry. I thought you was my pillow!" I defended, pouting at him. Looking around, I noticed he must have carried me back to the pack house when I fell asleep.

He grunted, eyeing my lips. "Not helping." He groaned out, pushing my bottom lip back in with his finger.

I smiled, trying to hold in a laugh. "You need to, uh... take a shower. A cold one."

When he turned to me a playful glare was etched onto his face, before he smirked. He crawled on top of me, his groin pushed against my thigh causing a gasp to escape my lips.

"You and I both know that you would join me in that cold shower if I asked." He smirked, giving me a wink before jumping off the bed and heading towards the bathroom.

I flushed scarlett as I sat on the bed, realising that he was right.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~••••••••••~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Thank you so much for reading, it means a lot to me.