The Island Game

Excerpt:

@Damien's P.O.V 

             "Arthur! That woman is driving me crazy! When will she be off?" I asked, impatiently.

              It's not that I don't like women. I just don't like this particular woman. Veronica Jane. She has got to be the most atrocious, scheming, manipulative, insensitive and everything horrible!

              Arthur tried hiding a smile but I knew him too well. I crossed my arms and gave him a glare. Arthur cleared his throat and said "I'm sorry, sir, but it's in the books. You want your share of your grandmother Eliza's will, you need to marry. But it must not be a meaningless marriage. Your parents have devised this brilliant plan that has worked for your siblings,"

              I stopped Arthur before he continued. "Yes, I know the 'plan'. It's ingenious but obviously, it needs some tweaking. How on Earth was SHE chosen?" I asked.

              Arthur smiled this time and replied "Well, as you know, all these women were chosen through their credibility, history, work sheets, and yada yada. They must be the perfect woman,"

               I stopped him once again and he sighed. "I understand that bit. But what I don't understand is how she was chosen! She is definitely not the perfect woman! Do I have to repeat what she has done and said in this past two weeks?" I said, clearly raising my voice.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

DESCRIPTION:

                     Damien Drake, the youngest son in the Drake family, wants to get his share from his late Gama Eliza's will. All of his siblings has gotten their share.

                    The only reason why Damien hasn't gotten his share is because he needed to fulfill one condition. Get his happily ever after. But his idea of a happily ever after is not exactly what his late Gama Eliza had in mind.

                   Gama Eliza wanted her grandchildren to find their true love and settle down with their cosy share of the will. For some, this is an easy condition but to Damien, the wild child who never fails to end up on the front page of the media with his latest scandals, this will be the hardest thing he will ever had to do. But he will do anything for that massive amount of money.

                    Damien can't just choose any girl he meets at the night club and marry her. The bond must be sacred. So, a desperate Damien decides to use the 'island' his brother, Gerrard, used.

                     The island is very simple. A woman chosen will be sent to the island for two weeks. At the end of the fortnight, she may choose to stay longer. But the selected woman does not know the main purpose, she only knows that she had won a free vacation to a beautiful island. If Damien does not like her, another woman is selected. But there are rules to the island game.

1. No vandalism/ littering

2. Stick to the program

3. No sex

                     Three simple rules for Damien to find his one true love. Damien and the 'lucky' girl won't be the only ones on the island. There will be other guests at the island but all rich strangers who want a getaway from the hustle and bustle from their daily routine. The only people on the island aware of the island game are Damien and his right hand man, Arthur.

                      Veronica Jane, hard working and relentless. She is head strong and sticks to her beliefs. She's been working her butt off since her life took a turn for the worse. She's living paycheck to paycheck, has no time for boys and has the luck of an ant. After one more horrible incident, she was ready to give up. But it was as if God has finally answered her prayers when she received a letter.

                        She had just won a free all expense paid trip to some rich island. She would stay in one of the rooms of a mansion and there would be tons of things planned to do on the island. This vacation would be her getaway from stress, mishaps, and basically everything wrong in her life.

                        So what would happen to Damien and Veronica, who both have an immediate strong sense of hatred towards each other, in the island game?

#############################################################################

Authour's Note:

Hello, yes, new story! xD Had this storyline in my head for days but wasn't sure if I should start a new story. =p So what do you think? Worth pursuing? xD Let me know! xD