( ●◡○)✄ Chapter 4: Akashi Seijuro

Chapter 4

"Oftentimes, when people are faced with situations they have been trying hard to avoid, they end up doing massively stupid things."

~~~

An electric shock travels down my spine like a touch of lightning when I heard him say my name.

"Aihana."

No honorific suffix, just like how he addresses everyone else. The voice that said it, soft, but different. It wasn't the same way he used to. It was sweet, like honey, but it was dipped in poison. Something dangerous lies beneath, sprinkled with sugar but it could quickly turn into something fatal. 

I glanced into his eyes, those heterochromatic eyes. It used to be both ruby orbs, but now it was also different. I hate to admit but the last time I've seen them, it was full of pain and hatred, just because of me. Now, his eyes had lost the sparkled they had.

He, who I left, was standing in front of me. I know should somehow feel happy to see him again, but something isn't right. It's the same Akashi I see, the same Akashi I feel but he seemed to be a completely different person.

"So it's true. You've returned without even noticing us" he remarked as he neared me, "I wasn't expecting you to be managing Tetsuya's team," voice almost threatening.

"A-Akashi-kun..." I stuttered. I didn't know what to do, he neared me and I stood frozen. Then he walked passed me and leaned on the metal barricade.

 "How long have you've been here?" he inquired with a little to no emotion beneath his voice.

I turned to look at him, but he was looking at the scenery. "Few months," I replied to him. I felt stupid not knowing what to do, and simply stood behind him.

There was an awkward silence after that until Akashi turned, "You entered a no-name school. Wasting your dear talent on a team that will be easily forgotten, have you even thought of that?"

Okay. That truly caught me off guard. "You don't know them," I answered back, feeling offended on how he viewed my team.

"Even if you're their manager, I still know a lot more about them. They're just a normal team with little experie---," he  tried to continue  before I cut in. "You're insulting my team!" I raised my voice, saying what was already obvious. 

His heterochromatic orbs dangerously gazed at me, "They may have several players like Tetsuya and his new light, but it will never be enough to defeat everyone," he confidently told. "Only the victors who are able to triumph all are correct. I, who wins all, am always right."

I kept silent. I didn't dare speak because once I open my mouth, I knew I might regret the words that would come out of it. Having the moment to himself, Akashi spoke, "Transfer to another school," he commanded.  My patience was wearing thin. I glared at him, answering, "No," in a low voice.

"You will transfer to another school," he glared back at me with those intimidating orbs. "No," I firmly answered, standing my ground. Both of us were at a staring war, neither of us showed any sign of backing down.

"Why don't we settle this with a bet?" I was losing my mood already and wanted him to stop, "I get your point, you want me to stop managing Seirin, right? If my team is able to get to the finals, I'll stay in Seirin. But if we are eliminated before the finals, fine, I'll leave my team."

Akashi thought for a minute before a flash of amusement appeared in his mismatched eyes. "I'll agree, though, there is one condition I wish to add," he informed. There was something mysterious about being caught in Akashi's heterochromatic gaze with its odd, almost vertical pupils. Very much like being lost in the hypnotic stare.