Nikayaya - Watty Awards 2011

·      What is your user name?

Nikayaya

·      What’s the story behind your username?

Nika are my initials and Yaya is my family nickname. When my cousins were young they couldn't pronounce my name correctly, it came out sounding like Yaya. So the name stuck and I have used it as my pen name since I began writing. I even have it copyrighted!

·      How old are you?

34 years young

·      How long have you been on Wattpad?

My friend suggested I sign up and post my stories because she got tired of hearing me bitch about never getting published. I signed up for an account last November but didn't really do anything with it till August of this year. I posted a single page story I had written about a break up, and then started adding on to it, and Viola! Forgetting Charlotte was born.

·      What story have you entered into the in the Watty’s Awards?

Forgetting Charlotte

·      What genre is it entered in?

Non-Teen Fiction

·      Can you give a brief summery of your story?

Charlotte is a writer working for a small local magazine who up until now thought she had found the love of her life. He leaves her without warning and she's left to rebuild her life, fight for the editor position she has been working towards against a new rival, all while dealing with the fact that she is now pregnant.

·      Who is your favourite character?

I think most people that have read my story would think I would say Jolene, Charlotte's best friend, but I am partial to David. I take pride in being able to create a realistic prince charming.

·      What is your favourite part of your story?

All of it, but my friend Denise (@Bibliophile530) loves Blue the humongous stuffed bear.

·      What advise would you give other Wattpad authors?

Don't get discouraged if people don't flock to your first few chapters, it is difficult to get emotionally involved in a story with just a few pages done. Wait till you have at least 5 good size chapters done before seeking out readers. Remember that most everyone is on here for the same reason so don't ignore other peoples talent and expect a lot of readers. Go out there and vote and comment, and if you don't like a story don't feel compelled to leave a comment on how bad it is. Opinions are like A$$ holes, everyone has one but not everyone wants to to see it.

·      Is their anything you would like to say to your readers?

I would like to tell EVERYONE that I have some of the most incredible readers ever as fans, they are loyal and always encouraging. Especially @crazyreader91. If you are a writer and have the privilege of having this young lady read your work you are lucky. I don't know if I would have continued beyond chapter 5 if it had not been for her encouraging comments. so seek her out and BE NICE TO HER! or I'll beat you with my cane and throw my dentures at you. 

 I also want to gave a old lady shout out to the Senior Wattpad club? They are the best biddies in the business them and @AgathaChristieLover who is an honorary old lady =)