Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight

Chloe, Harry, and Hagrid walked through the train station. Chloe and Harry both had two carts, their stuff they would need for their first term at Hogwarts piled inside. Their owls, Hedwig and Lisa, both were quiet as the carts rattled on the cobblestones. Hagrid pulled out his pocket-watch.

"Is that the time?! Sorry Harry, Chloe, I'm going to have to leave you here. Dumbledore will be wanting to see me. Now, um, your train leaves in ten minutes. Here's your tickets." he said, handing Chloe and Harry their tickets.

"But Hagrid, there must be a mistake. Our tickets say Platform Nine and three quarters, there's no such thing. Is there?" Harry asked. But Hagrid was gone, as if he had never been there in the first place. Chloe looked at Harry in shock.

"Where'd he go?" she asked. He just shrugged and they pushed their carts. As they searched for the platform, they looked at a clock hanging on a wall. They had five minutes left to find the train. Harry was about to walk over to one of the train attendants and ask where platform nine and three quarters was, when Chloe put a hand on his shoulder. A family of six was walking past.

"Packed with muggles, just like last year." the mother said as she walked by.

"Muggles." Harry and Chloe said at the same time and followed the group.

"Alright Percy, you first." the mother said. Chloe and Harry watched as the eldest boy in the group push his cart towards one of the brick pillars. Suddenly he sprinted, then disappeared through the stone. Chloe and Harry's jaws dropped.

"Fred, you next." the woman said.

"He's not Fred, I am." the boy beside her said. Two of them were obviously twins.

"Honestly, woman. And you call yourself our mother." the twin said. The woman sighed.

"Sorry, George." she said. The boy she had called George walked over to the pillar.

"I'm only joking, I am Fred." the boy said and ran into the wall, disappearing from sight. His twin followed behind him. Just before the last boy was about to go, Chloe and Harry quickly pushed their carts towards them.

"Excuse me!" Chloe said quickly before the mother and the son could disappear as well. The woman looked at Harry and Chloe, a huge grin on her face.

"Could you help us? We're new to the whole 'Hogwarts' idea, and we don't exactly know how to get to platform nine and three quarters." Chloe explained. She was way better at talking to strangers than Harry was. And he was thankful for that.

"Oh not to worry, dears. It's my son Ron's first time to Hogwarts as well." she said, gesturing to her youngest child. He had orange hair, freckles, and a nice smile on his face. Chloe and Harry smiled back.

"Now, all you have to do is walk straight into that wall. You'd better get a running start if it's your first time." she said and patted Chloe's back. She gave the woman a thankful smile and looked over at Harry.

"I'll go first." she said and rushed towards the wall before Harry could stop her, her long blonde hair flowing freely behind her. She then disappeared. Harry took a deep breath, then began to sprint. He closed his eyes just as he was about to hit the wall. He expected for it to not work at first, but he didn't feel himself hit anything. He opened his eyes, and saw that he was in another train station. Chloe stood there, waiting for him, a huge smile on her face. He sighed with relief.

"Was that fun or what?" she asked him as Ron and his mother appeared behind them.

"Now, you three better be off. You wouldn't want to miss the train."

******************

Harry and Chloe sat beside each other in one of the train compartments, watching the scenery roll by out the window.

"Excuse me, but may I sit with you? Everywhere else is full." they heard a voice say. They quickly turned their heads towards the voice and saw Ron standing in the doorway, a small and hopeful smile on his face. Chloe smiled back.

"Of course you can." she said, gesturing to the seat across from them. He grinned and sat down.

"I'm Ron by the way, Ron Weasley." he said and extended his hand.

"I'm Chloe Johnson." she said and shook it. He gasped.

"You mean the actual Chloe Johnson? If you're her, that means he's-"

"Harry Potter." Harry said and shook Ron's hand. Ron was speechless.

"Do you actually have the scar?" he asked Harry. Harry smiled and pushed his hair out of the way so Ron could see the lightning bolt.

"Wicked." Ron said, a surprised expression on his face. The three of them heard a knocking on the side of the doorway and saw an old woman pushing a cart of candies.

"Anything off the trolley, dears?" she asked them. Ron sighed sadly and pulled out a sandwich from his pocket.

"No-" he started to say, but Chloe stopped him.

"We'll take the whole cart." she said and pulled her gold coins out of her pockets. Ron gasped again when he saw all the money. Chloe and Harry smiled at his speechlessness as she paid the woman with three gold coins.

"Woah." was the only thing Ron could say.