Chapter 6. Finally Connected

"Why do you need us at the hospital?" I asked my mom in confusion as I climbed into the front passenger seat of Stiles' jeep, she literally had just called and told me that she needs to Stiles and myself to get to the hospital as soon as we possibly can.

She sighed on the other end, "Something's up-- Kasey can you two just get here? Please?"

"Yeah, yeah. Give us like ten minutes, okay?"

My mom then ended the call and I rubbed at my tired eyes as Stiles backed out of his driveway, I have no idea what we need to see at the hospital but I do know that it's going to cause some sort of ripple affect in whatever is going on with this pack of alphas and the body that Lydia found. These things are always connected somehow, in some way.

"Did she say what it was or...?" Stiles inquired as he glanced sideways at me.

I let out a sigh as I shoved my phone in my pocket, "No. She just said that something was up. I am willing to bet money it's something about that body Lydia found at the pool though."

He nodded, "Yeah, me too."

"I already have a headache, isn't that funny? It's literally been one freaking day and I am so done with whatever it is that is happening this time." I chuckled sarcastically as I let out a huff of irritation. I should have known that this summer was too good to be true. I'm such an idiot for thinking that we were finally going to all be okay.

Stiles reached over and rested his hand on my thigh, giving it a reassuring squeeze as he turned on to the freeway, "We'll be okay, Kase. We always are."

I'm not going to tell him about the gut wrenching feeling that I have that he is so wrong. I can't, because if I bring attention to it-- that can only make it more likely to be true, right? I'm not a psychic, so I don't know why I feel like this feeling is right. I just-- I don't know how I know this, but I just know that something really bad is going to happen. And I feel like I'm suffocating because I can't do anything to stop it, because I have no idea what it even is.

For some stupid reason I want to start crying, as if that will change anything. I want to run as far away from Beacon Hills as I can get. Something is coming. Something that we are all so not prepared for, and it makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about it. We may have beat the alpha, and we may have stopped Jackon and Gerard, but this time-- I just know that it's not going to be that easy.

Stiles arrived at the hospital a lot sooner than I had thought he would, so when he parked the jeep and climbed out-- I had to take a moment to gather my thoughts before following after him. He grabbed my hand the second that his body was in the same vicinity as mine, and we walked into the waiting room of the hospital of the ER entrance. My mom was standing by the desk, flipping through some papers-- obviously waiting on us.

"Hey mom," I greeted.

She turned to face me and half-smiled, "Hi. Over here, and if you tell anyone that I showed you two this-- I swear to God I will kill you painfully and slowly." She whispered as she grabbed on to my upper-arm and tugged me down the hall, Stiles in tow.

"Why do you want to show us a body that we've already seen?" I asked in confusion.

She gave me an annoyed look, "Because you haven't seen everything."

My eyes widened when she pushed open the morgue door and led us inside, I could feel my stomach tightening up in anticipation of seeing the body again. My mom released my arm and walked over to the slab that I assumed the body was on, there was a teal colored sheet over top of it-- oh nope that's him, she just ripped it off like it was nothing. She then put on a pair of latex gloved and started pointing to something on his neck.