7:Uneasy - TerraXReader

Beads of sweat fell from your brow as you twisted your body, slamming your faithful Keyblade into the particularly tough Unversed. The monster didn’t seem to take much damage as you leaped back, evading a malicious swipe from the enemy.

Skidding to a stop at a safe distance, you watched as Terra darted forward with enhanced speed, a dark aura encasing him. Twitching anxiously, you flipped the Keyblade within your _(dominant side)_ hand, deciding to take care of the lower class Unversed that were spawning too close for comfort.

It wasn’t long before you had finished off the last batch of Unversed and swooped in to help Terra finish the boss with one final, conjoined blow. The both of you watched as the only thing left of the Unverse, which was specifically a flame of darkness, faded into the slight breeze.

Still panting, your eyes darted over to Terra as he waved his left arm, shaking off the last bit of darkness emanating from his form. When his azure eyes caught your worried _(e/c)_ ones, you made sure to focus on dismissing your Keyblade.

“_(Name)_. . .”

You stiffened at his smooth voice, though it was easy to tell he had caught the reason why you were staring. Ugh, you weren’t very inconspicuous, were you?

“Alright, fine! I’m just worried, okay? Using the darkness like you do isn’t very uplifting, and what Master Eraqus said about you is getting to me, and I’m really bothered that—“

“_(Name)_, I can control the darkness within me. You know I can, don’t you?” His tone was firm as he turned towards you, his Keyblade now gone as well. You turned to face the young warrior in return, eyes locking with his determined ones. He wasn’t going to let the two of you move on without making sure you trusted him on this, was he?

Your lips twitched into a smile, a familiar one that you couldn’t keep at bay every time you looked at the brunette before you, “Of course I know you can, Terra. I know and love you enough to recognize your capabilities.”

Terra’s eyes softened at your remark as he took the few steps separating the two of you. His arms encircled around your waist, velvety lips connecting with yours in a loving embrace.

You did honestly and truly believe that Terra could keep the darkness at bay, but you couldn’t help keep the uneasy feeling from bubbling within your chest as you gently snaked your arms around his neck.

Something just seemed off.