Back to School

Please comment, vote, or fan if you like my story. I appreciate all feed back :]

Enjoy.

CHAPTER NINE

I start to walk towards my second period class after saying bye to Adam. As I'm walking through the halls I notice that everyone is looking at me, well more than usual. Every time I pass by someone I can hear them whispering about me.

"Isn't that the girl..."

"What is Adam thinking...."

"What the hell is she wearing?"

I see the classroom door come into view and walk a little quicker. I can't believe this town is so boring that my friendship with Adam is the number one thing people are talking about. These idiots know we were friends before. Almost everyone here has gone to the same schools as us since elementary school. I get inside the class room and settle into my seat in the back. I see people quickly glance at me but when I look in their direction they turn their heads, and start talking again in hushed tones. I pull out my notebook, and start to doodle in it. The class starts but I barely pay attention. I'm pretty good in math, and it comes to me easily so I don't need to listen to the teacher say the same things over and over. The bell rings signaling the end of class and the start of our break. I dump all my things into my bag, take out my iPod, and put Job For A Cowboy on full blast.

I start to make my way to the vending machines to get some water when I feel a hand on my shoulder. I tense up, but noticed the spark feeling and realize it's Adam. I turn around to see him smiling at me. I taking out my ear buds and put my iPod into a side pocket on my bag.

"Goddamn you walk fast. Going over to the vending machines?"

"Yeah, then I'm heading towards the library to do my math homework real quick before the bell rings."

"Alright. I'll walk with you there, but then I need to go talk to my friend Tyler real quick."

We fall into step, and ignore everything that is happening around us. It's like we're in our own little bubble that no one can penetrate.

"Oh, well you don't have to walk me to the library if you need to meet up with someone. I'll just meet you after school by your car." I said with a smile.

"I insist B. So how was the rest of the morning for you? I almost had to get a stick to beat people with just so they'd leave me alone." he said chuckling.

"Eh, nothing I'm not used to. Just some more stares than usual. I don't give a shit though. People are acting like you're a celebrity or something. It's ridiculous." I said while we finally made it to the vending machines and put my dollar in.

"Tell me about it. Atleast people are afraid to actually approach you, and ask you questions."

I twist open the cap and take a swig. "Hey, I guess being the freak has finally come in handy." I said as we start walking back towards the library.

"You're not a freak Blair. People here are just ignorant, and anything different scares them. But no worries. These people are mostly shitheads anyway."

"Haha trust me, I've known that for years." I said while rolling my eyes.

We finally reach the library, and I open my mouth to say goodbye to Adam when he starts talking first.

"Soooo you wanna sit with me at lunch?"

"Adam you know I don't eat in the caf. I usually go to the bleachers and draw or do homework, but just because you're friends with me doesn't mean you can't hang out with your other friends you know?"