9~ Unreal

"I love you," Haden whispered softly into my ear; his voice sent small sparks through my body. Hearing that amazingly cold, soft, taunting voice in my ear had me feeling unable to move. Something about his voice paralyzed me; not with fear but in passion and lust, and I couldn't comprehend how or why he was having this effect on me.

What was wrong with me?

My body refused to move the way I wanted it to. It was as if it had a mind of its own. I slowly pulled back, each arm and leg moving with caution as I looked at him. He was on all fours in front of me, like a predator. If that was the case and he was the predator then I was clearly the prey. Watching him craw closer while his eyes were fixated on me, staring at me with those eyes that seemed to pierce into my very soul and haunt my thoughts made this feel like it was unreal.

I stopped and stared back at him. He slowly made his way to me until I was just an arm's length away from him. He reached out with one hand and cupped my face. His fingers danced down to my chin and tilted it up so my eyes had no escape but to stare into his. I did nothing. I couldn't do anything. I was well and truly a deer at the mercy of a lion; and he was the lion.

He slowly lowered his face to mine and met my lips in a soft kiss. Cold lips and warm hands consumed me. It was as if I was drowning in a sea of sensations that I could not make sense of. I kissed back slowly, gently. There was something so familiar about it. I let the noxious kiss consume me from the inside out. It was a great feeling. I wanted it to continue; to never end. I wanted him.

Why?

I don't know.

All I knew was that, in that moment in time, what I wanted more than anything else was him.

[4 hours earlier]

Alichia was a bitch, there was no doubt about it, but somehow it felt as if Haden was the one to blame. He was such a player. He'd dated immeasurable number of woman, gave them hope and then tore them down...or so I've heard. Whether it was true or not was a different question. But then again, it isn't hard to believe given the way he behaves on a regular basis. This was bound to happen sooner or later. He probably led her on and then probably used me as an excuse to break up with her. it was probably his plan all along to make me look like the bad guy and make sure she hated me instead of him.

The jerk. Can't he just leave me alone!

What have I ever done to him?

It seemed like it had taken forever to drive back to the house. The car ride was the worst part of it all. He was silent and I didn't say a single word. The asshole didn't even turn on the radio and it only made the tension in the care all the more unbearable. Once we got back to the manor I went straight to my room, changed out of the ridiculously priced suit that I'd had on. I didn't want to stay in the house anymore, not with him. Everything seemed to just tick me off. I had to get out. So, I pulled out my phone and called a cab without even looking at the time. By the time I got the message telling me that my cab was hear it was already 1 am the next day. Where was I going to go at this time of night? A bar? A pub? None of those options seemed appealing to me, shaking my head I walked down to the yard. Without thinking twice I got in to the cab and asked the driver, who barely spoke a lick of English, to take me to a pub, the closest one he knew of. Having a drink seemed like the most logical thing I could think of at the time even though it wasn't the kind of place I wanted to be at. Anywhere was better than 'home'.

After about fifteen minutes the cab pulled in front of a building with a huge neon sign that just said 'PUB.' How original. I rubbed my eyes and fixed my hair before paying the cabbie and getting out of the cab.

I lingered outside the building for a moment, thinking whether this was where I wanted to be, then nodded to myself and headed inside. The place was dimly lit, filled with clanking noises, cigarette smoke, and there was a loud murmur that was a bit too hard to ignore.

As I entered I went straight to the counter and asked for a scotch. On a normal outing I would have preferred a cocktail, but this really didn't seem like the kind of place that sound anything other than hard liquor and beer.

These past few weeks had been horrible. That's what it was. Absolutely horrible. If I could I'd choose to drink the week away, just so I could forget it all.

First I found out that I'm engaged to a man. Then he kissed me, and so did his brother, Ash. This whole situation was too fucking fucked up. This wasn't normal.

Then my so-called fiancé Can't seem to make up his mind on whether he likes me or hates my guts. It's so fucked that it is giving me whiplash.

I drank one glass, and then another and another. The bartender just kept refilling my glass every time he saw that it was empty.

Conflicting thoughts about the marriage and my feelings went thought my mind over and over again, swirling around, taunting me. He is at least good looking! I can deal with that. If I had to be engaged to a man against my will he might as well be good looking.

I began to feel light-headed from the alcohol. It was either that or I was having a migraine; or both. When I looked over at my empty glass I realized that in the place of the glass was now an empty bottle. I rested my head on the counter, willing the dizziness and the spinning to go away.

"Sir, if you fall asleep here we will have to escort you out" I heard someone say. I tilted my head and opened one eye to look at the person who was talking. It was that bartender. Idiot. He should have stopped serving me alcohol, instead gave me a bottle, and now was basically threatening me to get out. Looser.

A large hand held my shoulder, startling me and making me sit up. Has security come to actually kick me out?

The hand squeezed my shoulder. I raised my head and looked at who it was.

My heart stopped and the dizziness that had moments ago clouded my mind disappeared. Suddenly I was breathing hard, my mouth gaping like a fish out of water.

Haden!

Hey guys!

Hey guys!

How's everyone going this week? I am on the final leg of this whole university thing, and it is both entertaining and not. I think most of it has something to do with the fact that I still have a thesis to write and it is slowly but surely killing me.

ANYWAY! that was a bit morbid, lets just talk about this chapter...

So, now this chapter was mainly about what happened in the last one and the conflicting feelings that Hayden was emitting. He clearly doesn't know what he wants and that is contributing to Derek's stress. Nothing too major is happening here, but I think you all know what might follow next.

1) Leave a comment down bellow and let me know what you think should happen next.

2) Do you think Derek did the right thing by leaving the way he did?

this is the important question:

3) do you think these chapters are A) the right length; B) too short; C) too long; D) need to be longer?

3.1) if D then how long would you like the chapters to be? ( at the moment they sit at 1.2k and 1.7k)

Alright, that's it for this week!

till next time

xx

nic