Chapter #6 *flashback*

If only I knew what was to come…

During lunch, I saw Lauran up on the stage talking to the vice principal (who is awesome!) when I was waiting in line for my food. Nothing should ruin this day because for lunch there was Salisbury steak! YUM! As I was about to pay for my food, I saw Lauran pointing at me and making hand gestures. Mr. Carlisle (the vice principal) looked at me, I just smiled, and waved, I’m innocent so there’s no need to look guilty the voice inside my head said. Lunch went by in a flash, mainly because my face was in the Salisbury steak the whole time. When the bell rang telling us to go to our next class, I threw my trash away and left the cafeteria. I said bye to Mr. Carlisle, who was still on the stage, he waved at me. See, I’m innocent!

Math was so boring! We were learning about equations and Mrs. Conant was droning on in her nasally, monotone voice. Agh! She was so boring and mean I just wanted to rip my hair out and run screaming out of her class. If you ever saw Mrs. Conant in the hall, you’d think she was a normal teacher who was just old, right. WRONG! That woman is 4’11”, bright orange hair and I’m sure straight from hell!!  She yells at the 6th graders in her hall to hurry up and get to class and then she threatens them with an office referral if they don’t listen to her. I’m serious, she must wake up on the wrong side of her bed every day to be that mean! Wait, she probably doesn’t even sleep. Maybe she’s a vampire! I was so glad to get out of her class and into my favorite subject, ELA!

As soon as the bell rang I dashed out of my seat and walked through the quickly-filling hall. I grabbed my stuff out of my locker and sat in my seat at the front of the room. We had a sub today, which means that we’ll get a packet to work on in class! YAY! Wow I just sounded really nerdy I thought to myself.

“Whatcha thinkin ‘bout Jamie? David asked from behind me. I almost jumped out of my seat.

“W-w-when’d you get here?” I stuttered while trying to control my flaming cheeks.

“Like, five minutes ago?” David responded. Wait, I’ve been thinking for five minutes?!

“Oh, psh, yea, I knew that…” was my smart reply while I mentally slapped myself. My two crushed were both within ten feet of me in this class so I am mostly a tornado of thoughts while trying to focus and not be dragged away by their awesomeness. That sounded violent…

“What did?” David asked me. Wait, did I say that out loud? I really need to work on that….

“Hmm? Oh yea… I was thinking about the Hunger Games.” (A/N can’t wait for the movie!!!)

 “Ah, why is everybody talking about that book?” David asked me

“Well, only cuz’ it’s awesome and Suzanne Collins is a great writer!” I replied enthusiastically.

“Okay, I’ll take your word for it! I’m serious; those books are too thick and long!” David replied

I wrinkled my nose, thinking very wrong thoughts. Bad brain!!!

“EEW Jamie!! Stop thinking wrong!” David said after a while of awkward silence

========================================================================

Sorry for the short chapter! Hopefully I'll update more this week?

Comment

Vote

Fan?