Chapter 5

Ellina’s POV

Why? Why, did I do that? She was innocent.

I kicked a nearby tree.

“Ouch!” I held my right foot

“That’s what you get” The voice in my head laughed

“It’s your fault, I killed her!” I screamed

“She was weak, you could have killed her. You just needed some help” It laughed again

“No, I couldn’t. Now Carter is out to get me” I sat on the forest floor

“It’s just a boy. Man up!”

“Man up! Man up! Are you kidding me at the moment, I couldn’t care less about manning up. I just want to live” A single tear rolled down my cheek

“Stop crying you little baby and move. Carter is coming”

I wiped away my tears and got up. I dusted myself off and looked around for Carter. Just how did he find me anyway? What I remember was him being on top of me trying to put a knife in my throat and I then managed to knee him where ‘the sun don’t shine’ and knock him out with my fist and then run away to safety.

“Time is gold Ellina. Move it or lose your life.”

I thought for a moment, maybe losing my life is better. I mean I did kill an innocent girl.

“Doesn’t mean your dying to Carter. NOW MOVE!”

I screamed because of the loud voice in my head and then I ran for my life into more trees hopefully away from Carter.

Carter’s POV

That Ellina, so so pretty. It’s a shame she has to die.

I ran towards her scream. Every time she screamed, I was one more scream closer.

“Ellina” I called

I heard a tree branch break under someone’s foot. My head snapped in the direction and I moved towards the noise.

~moments later~

I found the beautiful Ellina resting by the river. Her long red hair shines in the sunlight.

She has her back towards me and the black jacket is gone off her back and is beside her on a rock. She is wiping away the sweat. Wow she looks so beautiful.

I make my way towards her, slowly. I’ve gotten behind her without her noticing.

Ellina’s POV

“Hello Beautiful” I heard a deep male voice in my ear

“Carter” was all I could say

“Ellina, so beautiful” I felt something jab into my left side as Carter hugged my waist.

I looked down to see a knife, a small knife sticking in my side.

“Ca…ter” I stumbled on my words

“Yes Ellina”

At that moment our eyes locked. His ugly face staring at mine with purer hate.

“Goodbye” I smirked

He looked at me confused and then he groaned. I looked down at his stomach and saw a spear head sticking out.

“If I die, so do you” He smirked and dragged the small knife in and across my stomach

I screamed out in pain, tears flooding my eyes

“Ellina” I heard a soft but male voice

My eyes were close and I was finding it hard to keep them open.